DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH UPDATED concern

GrafXXX

Reactions
Hello
Has this happened to anyone recently?

Past 2 weeks I noticed ( happened maybe 3 times) if I would get a bad signal and screen would go blank with the RC NOT CONNECTED red warning, I could always count on the ma2 to reconnect in a few seconds as it would go into RTH ( I think that is why I have so much trust in flying it) BUT these past couple instances I would hear ( while screen still blank) HOME POINT UPDATED PLEASE CHECK MAP, the first time I though OH ( Mod Removed Langage) it just reset its home point to a new spot and I have no idea where it was, so to avoid it just landing anywhere I held the altitude stick up. Then a few seconds later the screen came back on and it was heading back to me in RTH AUTO MODE to the original spot I set when I took off right next to me. I was relieved and brought it back and re calibrated compass and IMU. The rest of the day no issues. I also thought maybe I mis-heard the alert. But since then the same thing has happened again atleast 2 other times. My dji fly software is updated, my aircraft firmware is up to date. This is a little nerve racking if I start to lose trust in the RTH feature
Anyone experience this? or thoughts?

Also every so often, unless i just missed a new feature and I apologize if I did not realize but I some how have obstacle avoidance on while in sport mode, and I checked the option in software and yes at those times while in sport mode the BYPASS option was highlighted in green, so I said wow this is great, let me try it ( now I wish I put my ipad in screen record the times it happened, and will definitely do that next time it allows me to have it on) AND YES I used my trusted small tree in front of my home that is level with my porch and tested it, and just like in normal mode it flew around the tree or over the tree ( my attempts were done very cautiously for obvious reasons) So i am confused as it doesnt always become enabled in sport mode, but again this morning on one of my flights it seemed to be enabled, I just needed to make a stress relief speed run around the area so i just continued higher left it in sport mode and played around
I have a busy week and didnt want my A.D.D. to kick in and focus on only SPORT MODE OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE ENABLED ALL DAY.
Is this a new feature in a certain sport mode camera option of low fps or available at low heights, low speeds and close by to me? Is my software for past 2 weeks spazzing out?
Could this be a hint to a future update option? Hoping for that one of coarse. Or have I been out of the loop and it is available and im just yesterdays news?

I will be sure to screen record and post next time It lets me do it

thanks in advance for all / any comments & thoughts

Maybe this thread might have something in it.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Hello
Has this happened to anyone recently?

Past 2 weeks I noticed ( happened maybe 3 times) if I would get a bad signal and screen would go blank with the RC NOT CONNECTED red warning, I could always count on the ma2 to reconnect in a few seconds as it would go into RTH ( I think that is why I have so much trust in flying it) BUT these past couple instances I would hear ( while screen still blank) HOME POINT UPDATED PLEASE CHECK MAP, the first time I though OH ( Mod Removed Langage) it just reset its home point to a new spot and I have no idea where it was, so to avoid it just landing anywhere I held the altitude stick up. Then a few seconds later the screen came back on and it was heading back to me in RTH AUTO MODE to the original spot I set when I took off right next to me. I was relieved and brought it back and re calibrated compass and IMU. The rest of the day no issues. I also thought maybe I mis-heard the alert. But since then the same thing has happened again atleast 2 other times. My dji fly software is updated, my aircraft firmware is up to date. This is a little nerve racking if I start to lose trust in the RTH feature
Anyone experience this? or thoughts?

Also every so often, unless i just missed a new feature and I apologize if I did not realize but I some how have obstacle avoidance on while in sport mode, and I checked the option in software and yes at those times while in sport mode the BYPASS option was highlighted in green, so I said wow this is great, let me try it ( now I wish I put my ipad in screen record the times it happened, and will definitely do that next time it allows me to have it on) AND YES I used my trusted small tree in front of my home that is level with my porch and tested it, and just like in normal mode it flew around the tree or over the tree ( my attempts were done very cautiously for obvious reasons) So i am confused as it doesnt always become enabled in sport mode, but again this morning on one of my flights it seemed to be enabled, I just needed to make a stress relief speed run around the area so i just continued higher left it in sport mode and played around
I have a busy week and didnt want my A.D.D. to kick in and focus on only SPORT MODE OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE ENABLED ALL DAY.
Is this a new feature in a certain sport mode camera option of low fps or available at low heights, low speeds and close by to me? Is my software for past 2 weeks spazzing out?
Could this be a hint to a future update option? Hoping for that one of coarse. Or have I been out of the loop and it is available and im just yesterdays news?

I will be sure to screen record and post next time It lets me do it

thanks in advance for all / any comments & thoughts

You can also check out this Thread where my remote landing recorded a new home point.

You can also check out this Thread where my remote landing recorded a new home point.

Thank you for the link to this, I tried to search it first but i wasnt getting the results of the site search options, so I figured I would ask
thank you as I am reading it now

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
There has been a number of reports on this issue. Seems to be a software bug because the home point was not actually changed

Reactions: hiflyer201
Then a few seconds later the screen came back on and it was heading back to me in RTH AUTO MODE to the original spot I set when I took off right next to me.
Exact same thing happened to me. I flew up a canyon to look at a dam that is located in high terrain. When I reached the dam I flew off to the side so as not to have video of me flying over a dam for the drone police and I lost contact and also got a black screen and the same warning. "Home Point Updated! I was trying to duck under the side of my car for shade so as to see what I could do the about the homepoint. I turned the app off and back on and ..whew . the screen came back and there was my drone returning home in a straight line that was taking me way too close for comfort to high terrain. I've tried to duplicate what happened. I thought that I had touched something new on the screen. It's hard to duplicate or remember all the RTH scenarios
Thanks to Dirk and others on this tread that have mentioned other threads.

Note that "RC disconnected" does not mean a signal loss. That means the USB connection between the RC and mobile device/app has been lost. It won't RTH on this alone.

A signal loss is indicated by "Aircraft Disconnected" with RC itself indicating lost signal.

I've encountered the homepoint set message after an app crash. I always attributed it to the app doing it's initializations, which included reporting about the home point.
But as she says "... Please check it on the map".

Reactions: hiflyer201
The same happen to me several times, the home point does NOT update but it's scary!

Reactions: StantonZ
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929