DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH - will my AC RTH if my OTG cable gets disconnected

goixiz

Reactions
Will the AC RTH on its own if my OTG cable gets disconnected ? or worst if my Phone reboots due to whatever issues. Thanks

Will the AC RTH on its own if my OTG cable gets disconnected ? or worst if my Phone reboots due to whatever issues. Thanks
No. The AC will still be connected and controlled by the RC. Read the manual to understand the RTH functions.

The AC will only RTH if the battery is low or the remote controller disconnects for 3 seconds. That applies to the Spark too.

RTH is initiated if the drone is disconnected from the controller, not the video feed. Guessing that if the phone is acting as the controller, then if the drone cannot communicate with it, RTH will kick in. I don't have a spark.

As already mentioned above, no, it won't RTH, yet you can initiate RTH without your phone being connected, or present, by holding the home button on the remote. When flying directly from your phone (without the controller), the craft will RTH, though.

No. The AC will still be connected and controlled by the RC. Read the manual to understand the RTH functions.
The Manual is vague in this area
I assume if the OTG cable is damage or the phone turned off - FAILSAFE RTH
it does not state if using RC and OTG device [OTG connection off = what happens] - please clarify

upload_2018-7-10_12-27-20.png

Failsafe RTH will not be initiated if any cables disconnect from the Mavic/Spark remote controller.

The AC will only RTH if the battery is low or the remote controller disconnects for 3 seconds. That applies to the Spark too.
Thanks before i forget
SO if the RC is still connected to AC but the device (phone/tablet/OTG went kaput) disconnected the AC will just hover or continue its mission ??? Unless pilot triggers RTH with RC

Failsafe RTH will not be initiated if any cables disconnect from the Mavic/Spark remote controller.
thank you again
you replied faster than i can think to word my question accurately

SO if the RC is still connected to AC but the device (phone/tablet/OTG went kaput) disconnected the AC will just hover or continue its mission ?
The AC is controlled by the remote controller. It'll continue to obey the remote controller even if your phone/tablet/OTG goes kaput.

If you're referring to a waypoint mission, RTH will not be initiated if the remote controller disconnects. Your Mavic will continue flying the mission.

it does not state if using RC and OTG device [OTG connection off = what happens] - please clarify...
You are confusing your phone with your Remote Control (RC). Your phone is used for display, running special modes, and recording photos/video. Your RC is what controls the AC. You can unplug or turn off your phone and still control the AC with the RC.
..SO if the RC is still connected to AC but the device (phone/tablet/OTG went kaput) disconnected the AC will just hover or continue its mission ??? Unless pilot triggers RTH with RC
You use the word "mission". If running a Litchi mission and the phone or RC disconnects, the programmed mission will continue because it is uploaded to the AC.

You are confusing your phone with your Remote Control (RC). Your phone is used for display, running special modes, and recording photos/video. Your RC is what controls the AC. You can unplug or turn off your phone and still control the AC with the RC.

You use the word "mission". If running a Litchi mission and the phone or RC disconnects, the programmed mission will continue because it is uploaded to the AC.

Thank you
No i am aware that the device ( i call it is a phone/tablet ) is for display and i also call it control because it changes the camera functions and intelligentflightmodes, I am aware the RC controls the AC

i call active track a mission - my mistake

i call active track a mission - my mistake
No problem. I have tested unplugging and turning off my tablet while in flight but I haven't done so while using some active track feature. Since I haven't tried it, I do not know what it would do. I am assuming it would continue since the RC would not receive a command to stop (you can cancel the function with the button on the RC). It should not initiate any RTH function.

Since I haven't tried it, I do not know what it would do. I am assuming it would continue since the RC would not receive a command to stop (you can cancel the function with the button on the RC). It should not initiate any RTH function.
The Mavic will RTH if the remote controller disconnects while using ActiveTrack.

The Mavic will RTH if the remote controller disconnects while using ActiveTrack.
I know the Mavic will RTH if the RC disconnects, but what will happen if the phone/tablet disconnects from the RC while using ActiveTrack?

I know the Mavic will RTH if the RC disconnects, but what will happen if the phone/tablet disconnects from the RC while using ActiveTrack?
i think thats something need to be verified - hover or RTH / doubt it can continue as it requires video to track

i think thats something need to be verified - hover or RTH / doubt it can continue as it requires video to track
I think it will just hover since it will lose the program that controls it. In any case, disconnects from the phone/tablet should not cause RTH to kick in. I will try flying this afternoon and test it.

Tested it yesterday. I had Active track on using Profile, the MP was tracking, unplugged my tablet, the MP stopped and hovered. Plugged the tablet back in and the MP maintained hover. Using Samsung Tab A tablet.

Reactions: goixiz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+