DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH Won't Set When Using Controller as RTH Point

Dariof

Reactions
RTH is not a problem at all when using the takeoff point as the setting. I use it all the time and have all altitudes set properly for my geographic locations.

But, the other day and just for fun, I decided to change the RTH point from the takeoff spot to the controller. But I received a message saying RTH could not be set to the controller. Location setting is "ON" in my Ipad Mini 4. I also have strong WiFi if that matters at all.

Any suggestions?

Does you iPad have GPS (ie. cellular)

Does you iPad have GPS (ie. cellular)

It has GPS for maps but does not have cellular. However, it receives the WiFi signal from my phone (Hotspot) so my IPad does have both GPS and WiFi.

It has GPS for maps but does not have cellular. However, it receives the WiFi signal from my phone (Hotspot) so my IPad does have both GPS and WiFi.
That's not quite how it works... @msinger can chime in on this one.

Unfortunately, it definitely doesn’t work like that. Your phone doesn’t “share” GPS data even when being used as a hotspot.

Reactions: pk1118
It has GPS for maps but does not have cellular.
Are you saying the cell service has not been enabled or is it a Wi-Fi only iPad Mini model?

Are you saying the cell service has not been enabled or is it a Wi-Fi only iPad Mini model?

Wi-Fi only. I use my Android phone as a hotspot and my Mini 4 (which is attached to the Mavic controller ) picks up the Wi-Fi signal from my cell.

Last edited:
Ah, that's your problem then. You cannot share GPS data over a hot spot. You'll either need to use a different mobile device or connect some type of external GPS receiver to your iPad Mini.

Here are some commonly used Bluetooth GPS receivers that'll work if you decide to go that route:

Last edited:
Ah, that's your problem then. You cannot share GPS data over a hot spot. You'll either need to use a different mobile device or connect some type of external GPS receiver to your iPad Mini.

Here are some commonly used Bluetooth GPS receivers that'll work if you decide to go that route:

Thank you....appreciate everyone’s help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54