DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

S9+ Users, frequent disconnection

After a few tentatives and workarounds I got a solution. I got no issue after switching to airplane mode the telephone before opening the DJI GO. Attempted more than 10 flights and it's working as before.

Thanks for the update! I haven't flown in a while due to travel for work (where I can't take my drone), but I'll just follow this when fly next time.

Guess you dont have a map in airplane mode unless your map area is downloaded off-line?
I downloaded the offline map for Washington state, fly my Android tablet in airplane mode, and have an accurate map display. It would be nice if it were a satellite map but I guess that would take more resources to store and display.

Reactions: conchman
I downloaded the offline map for Washington state, fly my Android tablet in airplane mode, and have an accurate map display. It would be nice if it were a satellite map but I guess that would take more resources to store and display.
Thanks that helps. Guess you cant fly in hybrid map mode offline, but regular map is good enough. I often use roads or water references for navigation when I lose sight of the bird.

I wonder if any of you guys use the S9+?
The first few flights, I've been experiencing frequent disconnection as well as frequent restart of the GO4 App midflight.

There was one time that the Mavic totally disconnected even from the RC, (have experienced this before but it was because of an interference), usually Mavic would return home and once there is no interference it would automatically reconnect with the RC.

So what happened was during two of my flights the Mavic dc-ed from the remote and went auto home and never really reconnected with the RC. And on another flight while mavic was returning home I tried disconnecting the S9 from the remote and suddenly the connection between the mavic and the rc is back.

Will be using my old phone for my mavic now, I just wanted some feedback from s9+ users if they are also experiencing this kind of situation

I had the exact same problem when I tried flying with my S9+...

I downloaded the DJI GO 4 app, set up my Mavic Pro, but when trying to fly, immediately it gave Interference Warning notification and occassionally cut the signal and even losing connectivity to where it started ascending and flying away by itself. Restarting the app, I was able to reconnect and re-establish control...

Have been upset about this issue with not a lot of information of these symptoms... right now, I use my old iPhone as my map device and plug my S9+ in, in the center on the bottom port of the controller for data use...

Hoping some kind of update or other form of repair will be done to the app to have it work on S9+ soon..

I have a S9+. The only 2 times that I had a disconnection, was when I was using Litchi. I quit using the S9+ and bought a used ipad mini 4 due to constant problems with glare. The mini 4 dosn't give me glare, and the increased screen size is a wonderful upgrade. That's the only thing that I use the ipad for.

I have the S9+ and I'm getting more "interference" with than I had with my S8.

There's definitely something wrong with a batch of phones from Samsung (just shooting from the hip) I think or the software is just not right.

I've been forced to fly with no Wi-Fi/Data which means can't share anything until after the drone is back. The interference is still there however...

I've had 1 disconnection with my S9+ out of like 100 flights and 1 disconnection with my Nvidea Shield while using VR goggles out of 3 flights. I did notice some "Signal Interference" errors lately on the S9+ but I put this down to wifi signals in the area or obstructions to LOS at 1 mile distance. All the disconnections were in foreign countries without local SIM card, 1 with wifi signal one without, but I doubt that had anything to do with it.

Did anyone determine if the airplane mode was the catch-all solution or not?

I have an s9+ and s10+, both are epically glitchy and I have experienced nothing but issues with my new Mavic Pro, disconnecting at random times. Causing my phone to restart, causing the controler to disconnect, glitchy screen imaging on the phone, not a cable issue, I've tried many. Not a port issue on the controller, I've tried both. Wifi flying is seamless with both phones.

I'm frustrated to say the least.

Buying an iOS device is my last resort.

Guess you dont have a map in airplane mode unless your map area is downloaded off-line?
Not sure I follow but I have never needed a map since I fly mostly by the beach and in the countryside where there's literally no one hence not that many flights. Can be hard to find day where there is no one.

But yeah, this seemed to work for me and no disconnection yet .

Did anyone determine if the airplane mode was the catch-all solution or not?

I have an s9+ and s10+, both are epically glitchy and I have experienced nothing but issues with my new Mavic Pro, disconnecting at random times. Causing my phone to restart, causing the controler to disconnect, glitchy screen imaging on the phone, not a cable issue, I've tried many. Not a port issue on the controller, I've tried both. Wifi flying is seamless with both phones.

I'm frustrated to say the least.

Buying an iOS device is my last resort.
I think for those in this thread who have tried it including me are getting zero disconnects/interference with Airplane mode on. There was that guy who had an issue with the cable though.

If you don't mind spending the extra money, go for an iOS device otherwise try a few flights on airplane mode and see how that works. Unless you livestream your flights, do you really need connectivity while flying?

Good luck out there!

Thanks Bangkok, had my first successful flight this morning with the airplane mode trick! That was an easy bandaid.

Any news that they're fixing this epic glitch or just ignoring it and moving on to the Mavic Pro 2?

Thanks Bangkok, had my first successful flight this morning with the airplane mode trick! That was an easy bandaid.

Any news that they're fixing this epic glitch or just ignoring it and moving on to the Mavic Pro 2?
Not that I've heard, but maybe someone who has more info on that may provide more details. For now, we keep the bandaid on.

Happy flying!

Did anyone determine if the airplane mode was the catch-all solution or not?...
I don't know about a catch-all solution, but I fly with my Tab A in airplane mode. It allows it to devote all it's meager resources to running Go 4.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98