DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Safety Notification refuses to allow agreement

friendlyfish

Reactions
I just tried to fly my Mavic 2 Pro where I live, which is a restricted flight zone. Maximum altitude must not exceed 200 ft. Accordingly, before takeoff a Safety Notification message appears on the screen of my mobile device (in my case an iPod Touch), and requires agreeing to the altitude limitations to make the message disappear. I've done this once before with no problem, but this time, no matter how many times I tap "Yes" to agree to take full responsibility, the Safety Notification message refuses to go away. As a result, I can't see the screen to fly, even though it should be allowed... Any insights on how to deal with this would be greatly appreciated!

I just tried to fly my Mavic 2 Pro where I live, which is a restricted flight zone. Maximum altitude must not exceed 200 ft. Accordingly, before takeoff a Safety Notification message appears on the screen of my mobile device (in my case an iPod Touch), and requires agreeing to the altitude limitations to make the message disappear. I've done this once before with no problem, but this time, no matter how many times I tap "Yes" to agree to take full responsibility, the Safety Notification message refuses to go away. As a result, I can't see the screen to fly, even though it should be allowed... Any insights on how to deal with this would be greatly appreciated!
You have to be connected to the internet for it to work. You can also self unlock a zone like this proactively by going to DJI self-unlocking on s computer to unlock the zone and you won’t need internet to unlock it

I have had this exact same issue with iOS. No matter how many times I click on that giant warning takes up the entire screen while the bird is in flight. I have seen others post about the exact same issue so it’s either a bug or a feature.

My solution was to close the app and re-launch it while she was in flight. That seem to work except my flight logs only works from the time I initially took off until I force close the app.

I had to click a check box before clicking "yes" would be accepted. The "yes " click ins't recognized unless you have already clicked the check box that states something like "you have read & understand the warning".. then clicking "yes" accepts responsibility. At least that was my experiance.

I had to click a check box before clicking "yes" would be accepted. The "yes " click ins't recognized unless you have already clicked the check box that states something like "you have read & understand the warning".. then clicking "yes" accepts responsibility. At least that was my experiance.
This was probably the problem. In bright light, the check button is difficult to see, but unless it's checked, pushing the Yes button won't do anything.

I have had the same issue using Crystalsky - I've had times where the app refused to let me "enable" the license that's loaded in FC after multiple attempts - claiming it's expired when it clearly isn't, and times I've chosen the check box method and it refuses to accept my Continue acknowledgement after checking boxes. Infuriating. Often, shutting everything down and starting over again clears it. Drives me nuts. I sooooo wish I lived 2 miles further out and didn't have to deal with this on a regular basis. I'll double check that I am in WiFi range when I do this (good suggestion @brett8883 ), but was pretty sure I was as I'm often standing right outside the kitchen window.

Reactions: brett8883
I've had the same issue with the warning taking up most of the display on my Iphone. I've never seen a check box? This started happening after I did m latest dji update. I've been afraid to stop and restart the dji app on my Iphone while in flight.

The more threads I read about this the more convinced I become that either the DJI flying app or drone on board software have a glitch that prevents them from always loading properly. Seems to be a new wrinkle now as Sassy seems to indicate that it may not happen until in flight.... scary.
I fly with a CS, but have never seen these warnings with verification of current version software occurring at every startup. FWIW, I also Never LAANC clearance through DJI software.

The more threads I read about this the more convinced I become that either the DJI flying app or drone on board software have a glitch that prevents them from always loading properly. Seems to be a new wrinkle now as Sassy seems to indicate that it may not happen until in flight.... scary.
I fly with a CS, but have never seen these warnings with verification of current version software occurring at every startup. FWIW, I also Never LAANC clearance through DJI software.

Thomas you can’t get LAANC through DJI and this is really important. To fly in a geozone that is also controlled airspace it requires TWO separate steps.

1) You must get the proper local approvals. Here in the US that is either getting a LAANC approval if you are a 107 pilot or contacting the airport and ATC(if there is one) if you are a recreational pilot flying with 5 miles of an airport.

2) Once step one is complete you now have to get DJI to unlock your drone for that geozone so it can fly there. In the past this meant you had to prove to DJI you did step 1 already. That process took weeks if it happened at all. Now they will let you unlock the zone yourself but it’s not as straight forward as it should be.

The important part here is that just because DJI allows you to unlock the drone without having to provide proof that you did step 1 doesn’t mean you don’t have to do step 1. Likewise the FAA isn’t able to unlock your drone for you only DJI can do that. This is always a two step process.

I fear that people think that if they agree to the notice that comes up that all’s good and they can legally fly. That’s not the case. The message comes up to let you know, “hey you probably need to get authorization to fly here. Maybe not but you better check before you fly.”

Reactions: CNYdronepilot
Thomas you can’t get LAANC through DJI and this is really important. To fly in a geozone that is also controlled airspace it requires TWO separate steps.

1) You must get the proper local approvals. Here in the US that is either getting a LAANC approval if you are a 107 pilot or contacting the airport and ATC(if there is one) if you are a recreational pilot flying with 5 miles of an airport.

2) Once step one is complete you now have to get DJI to unlock your drone for that geozone so it can fly there. In the past this meant you had to prove to DJI you did step 1 already. That process took weeks if it happened at all. Now they will let you unlock the zone yourself but it’s not as straight forward as it should be.

The important part here is that just because DJI allows you to unlock the drone without having to provide proof that you did step 1 doesn’t mean you don’t have to do step 1. Likewise the FAA isn’t able to unlock your drone for you only DJI can do that. This is always a two step process.

I fear that people think that if they agree to the notice that comes up that all’s good and they can legally fly. That’s not the case. The message comes up to let you know, “hey you probably need to get authorization to fly here. Maybe not but you better check before you fly.”
Completely understand. My point is that I haven’t experienced the difficulties described above by users (and in other threads) and also that it seems to stem from asking for clearance through DJI software, at least for many, with multiple different difficulties created. I guess there seems to be a lack of consistency.

Reactions: brett8883
Completely understand. My point is that I haven’t experienced the difficulties described above by users (and in other threads) and also that it seems to stem from asking for clearance through DJI software, at least for many, with multiple different difficulties created. I guess there seems to be a lack of consistency.
@Thomas B , could be that you've been lucky enough to be within the 5 mile zone requiring LAANC or a call to ATCT as @brett8883 mentions as item 1, but not close enough to fall within the DJI geozone requiring DJI unlocking (item 2). I'm 3 miles from ATC and appear to fall just within the DJI geozone boundary (which btw is oblong in my instance, longer in the direction of the runway paths which is also unfortunately where I am located), so there is a decent radius remaining in which I would need to call my ATCT but not have any DJI software concerns/ problems.

@Thomas B , could be that you've been lucky enough to be within the 5 mile zone requiring LAANC or a call to ATCT as @brett8883 mentions as item 1, but not close enough to fall within the DJI geozone requiring DJI unlocking (item 2). I'm 3 miles from ATC and appear to fall just within the DJI geozone boundary (which btw is oblong in my instance, longer in the direction of the runway paths which is also unfortunately where I am located), so there is a decent radius remaining in which I would need to call my ATCT but not have any DJI software concerns/ problems.
Likely that is the case, purely by luck.

What I find confusing is the difference in how DJI shows the NFZs, etc, for airports, ie the oblongs you mention. It is different than all other FAA approved clearance providers. All others just use circles and if there are other restrictions, like altitude for instance, these apps just inform you FWIW. Anyway, I don’t plan on using DJI for approval to fly in US NFZs, especially after reading all the problems folks have from using it.

Maybe it’s related to DJI product liability, I don’t know. We’ll see if anything changes after Kittyhawk gets the new rework of B4UFly done.

Last edited:
Reactions: tmtwomey
I have had this exact same issue with iOS. No matter how many times I click on that giant warning takes up the entire screen while the bird is in flight. I have seen others post about the exact same issue so it’s either a bug or a feature.

My solution was to close the app and re-launch it while she was in flight. That seem to work except my flight logs only works from the time I initially took off until I force close the app.

Thank you, Elude, for your thoughtful comments. Closing the app in mid-flight sounds a bit scary for a new pilot like me, so for now I guess I'll try the "self-unlocking" option described above. Fingers crossed!

Likely that is the case, purely by luck.

What I find confusing is the difference in how DJI shows the NFZs, etc, for airports, ie the oblongs you mention. It is different than all other FAA approved clearance providers. All others just use circles and if there are other restrictions, like altitude for instance, these apps just inform you FWIW. Anyway, I don’t plan on using DJI for approval to fly in US NFZs, especially after reading all the problems folks have from using it.

Maybe it’s related to DJI product liability, I don’t know. We’ll see if anything changes after Kittyhawk gets the new rework of B4UFly done.

Thank you, Thomas B and CNYdronepilot for your comments. I'm still just getting my feet wet with all this drone stuff, but greatly appreciate your insights.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR