DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

samsung galaxy s7 and mavic pro

yeah i've been reading other forums and most samsung devices won't work with the dji go app
No I'm not sure where you found that but don't listen to it that's nonsense. For DJI to not be compatible with 22% of the entire market would be business suicide. Even my old Bebop 2 worked perfectly with Samsung. I've used several Samsung phones S6 and S5I believe and zero issues. I'm using a Motorola right now and it works great.

I have the Galaxy S7 (non-Edge) that I have used on and off since I got my Mavic 6 months ago. The DJI GO 4 app crashes on it almost every single flight, sometimes twice. The screen just goes black and then it dumps me back to the main phone menu. This doesn't affect the flight, it just scares you if you're not expecting it. You just need to restart the app, which just takes a second, and then it will continue to work fine, until the next time it crashes.

Needless to say this is a royal pain in the @ss so I switched to the IPAD Mini 4 four months ago - which NEVER crashes / NO issues. I only use the Samsung if I don't happen to have the iPad with me, and it still crashes when I do. I'm using the latest android software and always use the latest mavic firmware.

Once you've used a larger screen, like the iPad, flying with a phone screen is a miserable experience. I highly recommend replacing your galaxy phone with the iPad Mini or iPad.
You know when I first got my drone and thought the more apps I have for the drone the better, no clue why, anyhow I found that when I deleted all of them even the DJI app but then redownloading the same app and only that one. Never crashed again.

Hi all,
Samsung galaxy s7 edge with android 8 here, so far I find that my phone works perfectly with dji go4. The only problem that I experience is this, sometimes the dji go4 takes time (about 30 seconds) to pop up after I put on the aircraft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaffainNL