DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

samsung galaxy s7 and mavic pro

esh_31

Reactions
Anyone here use a samsung galaxy s7 for their mavic? if you do does it work fine with the dji go app? even with the lastest update 7.0 for s7

thank you

Last edited:
yeah i've been reading other forums and most samsung devices won't work with the dji go app

I used a Samsung S7 edge for a while with both Go4 and Litchi and it was quite stable.

The main problem I had (apart from screen size) was using the finger print reader when mounted in the holder. I found the touch screen a little fiddly too when changing settings mid flight.

Providing you only have one drone control app running it works just fine.

I found the tiny USB cables in the side a bit unreliable so switched to using the full size USB at the bottom and standard cables instead.

Then I switched to tbe iPad mini 4 for the bigger screen size - much better!

Reactions: Steve Hurt
I have an S7, non-edge (G930FD, this is a dual SIM international model). Did quite a few flights with this device, perfectly stable, although, sometimes the DJI GO4 would keep running at the background after the flight, draining the phone battery.. Force-stopping it after a flight helps. I am on Android 7, stock, rooted, next to no system modifications, 100% stock kernel.

3dae747723b187036a28966e7de92496.jpg

Reactions: FearMe
oh right yeah i've got an s7, non-edge too. i haven't tried it yet with my phone, i just got my mavic today!

Reactions: WAM84
I have the Galaxy S7 (non-Edge) that I have used on and off since I got my Mavic 6 months ago. The DJI GO 4 app crashes on it almost every single flight, sometimes twice. The screen just goes black and then it dumps me back to the main phone menu. This doesn't affect the flight, it just scares you if you're not expecting it. You just need to restart the app, which just takes a second, and then it will continue to work fine, until the next time it crashes.

Needless to say this is a royal pain in the @ss so I switched to the IPAD Mini 4 four months ago - which NEVER crashes / NO issues. I only use the Samsung if I don't happen to have the iPad with me, and it still crashes when I do. I'm using the latest android software and always use the latest mavic firmware.

Once you've used a larger screen, like the iPad, flying with a phone screen is a miserable experience. I highly recommend replacing your galaxy phone with the iPad Mini or iPad.

I have S7 edge crashes 2 or 3 times a battery, first time it did it I nearly put mavic in a tree as video froze up . I use litchi on nvidea k1 with no problems yet touch wood .

I always make sure nothing else is running on the S7 and put it (ironically) into airplane mode. I've heard that others have problems but I honestly never have.

I use an S7 with DJI Go 4. The only issue I have is, after the flight, if I turn off the controller before quitting the app sometimes locks the phone up for 30+ minutes on the DJI 'disconnected' screen. Nothing brings it back, it's just a waiting game.

I use an S7 with DJI Go 4. The only issue I have is, after the flight, if I turn off the controller before quitting the app sometimes locks the phone up for 30+ minutes on the DJI 'disconnected' screen. Nothing brings it back, it's just a waiting game.
Forgot to mention, i've got that once or twice, but other than that - rock stable. I don't wait, though, i just force-reboot the phone (long hold power+volume_down)

Forgot to mention, i've got that once or twice, but other than that - rock stable. I don't wait, though, i just force-reboot the phone (long hold power+volume_down)

Ah, thanks! I had thought that I'd tried all key combos long and short, everything except flushing the **** thing! I possibly didn't try that one though!

I use Samsung S7 and have no problem. The DJI app does shut down midflight once in a while but sounds like that happens to everyone.

I have the Galaxy S7 (non-Edge) that I have used on and off since I got my Mavic 6 months ago. The DJI GO 4 app crashes on it almost every single flight, sometimes twice. The screen just goes black and then it dumps me back to the main phone menu. This doesn't affect the flight, it just scares you if you're not expecting it. You just need to restart the app, which just takes a second, and then it will continue to work fine, until the next time it crashes.

Needless to say this is a royal pain in the @ss so I switched to the IPAD Mini 4 four months ago - which NEVER crashes / NO issues. I only use the Samsung if I don't happen to have the iPad with me, and it still crashes when I do. I'm using the latest android software and always use the latest mavic firmware.

Once you've used a larger screen, like the iPad, flying with a phone screen is a miserable experience. I highly recommend replacing your galaxy phone with the iPad Mini or iPad.
Disable fast charging, and try a different usb cable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_