DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

samsung galaxy s7 and mavic pro

S7 edge. Never had a problem. Now have Samsung S2 tab 8" and works fine - just got it for the bigger screen.

So I have an S8+ and had the stability issues. Easy solution was to set the DJI go app as a game, and use game mode to launch it. Works fine everytime, and you can customize to higher performance with no alerting from other apps allowed

s7 edge for me.and i have a issue.aircraft disconnect at flight time.yesterday last time.mavic firmware is before latest.the app updated on latest version

yes i use the galaxy s7. it works good but sometimes the app freezes. you just restart the app. it is not a problem because if you let go the joystick the mavic will hover in place

when you're s7 or android device is plugged into the controller, does the controller charge the phone? I can't even disable it. Mine charges the phone and it drains the controller !

I have an S7 Edge - it crashed at least once an outing.
It has been removed from the DJI supported devices list.
I tried performance mode on/off, video resolution - you name it.
So I just paid it off and got an iPhone 6S+ with 128gb and steady as a rock.
No lag, no crashes - just smooth sailing.

I have an S7 Edge and like others report.... the DJI GO 4 APP (always latest version, same with phone and Samsung touchwiz launcher) will run fine then suddenly go black and quit to phone's home screen until re-launched.
This behavior happens 1 to 3 times per outing and is only an annoyance now that I expect it... But I wish it would go away. My Galaxy tablet works well but it is 10" and awkward with the controller.
I saw someone post that they bought an iPad mini just for the Mavic... I may follow suit.

Its interesting. Why some have zero issues and some have chronic issues. Its nearly black and white. But again same with Apple folks. Black and white.

As I reported I use my S7 without any issues. Boots right up. I do not turn off any alerts and sometimes I get email notifications from work or whatsapp message in flight but I just ignore.

Mine started out fine, then developed issues at around 20mins continuous flight and would freeze, breakup, app shutdown - clearly a memory leak of sorts. Had a clean phone and no social media junk, tried everything - just could not trust it, went to an iPhone 7 which I'm enjoying and has been flawless AND has much smoother live feed than the S7. I don't understand how Dji cannot sort Android unless they have no desire to... oh wait... that's it!

Hello ffiend sorry just got this question yes it does charge the phone that yes it does drain the controller somewhat this controller yet small does seam to drain rather quickly compaired to the p4pro however i can run 3 batterys off one remote charge b4 i feel i should charge it again if your only getting like one battery to remote somethings wrong however i doubt its your phone causing the issue hope tht helped

New forum member here....Hello :)

I use a UK Samsung S7 Edge with my Mavic.....and imo it sucks.

Works great at first, but by the time it comes to changing my mavic battery, i find the DJI GO app just locks up. Weirdly the live feed still works great, but using any onscreen functions just take FOREVER to activate.

If i ignore this & just burn through my next mavic battery, it basically screws the phone up. The S7 gets VERY hot, unresponsive & a pop up appears saying "Processes has crashed". Black screen soon follows.

I havent tried the Litchi app, plus im not sure i want to spend £19.99 on an app im not not sure would work any better.

Had my Mavic for 3 days, LOOOOVE it, just hate the app.

Its interesting. Why some have zero issues and some have chronic issues. Its nearly black and white. But again same with Apple folks. Black and white.

As I reported I use my S7 without any issues. Boots right up. I do not turn off any alerts and sometimes I get email notifications from work or whatsapp message in flight but I just ignore.
Im pondering if the issues people are having is based on the US S7 vs the International S7.

They both use different processors I believe (Snapdragon v Qualcomm?)

Anyone here use a samsung galaxy s7 for their mavic? if you do does it work fine with the dji go app? even with the lastest update 7.0 for s7

thank you
Yes, I have been using an S7 for all my flights. I am up-to-date on the S7 android 7.0 and the latest FW and GO4. I have not had any of the issues others have reported, be sure to access the new battery saving utility and turn it off for GO4.

Yes, I have been using an S7 for all my flights. I am up-to-date on the S7 android 7.0 and the latest FW and GO4. I have not had any of the issues others have reported, be sure to access the new battery saving utility and turn it off for GO4.
Battery saving utility? This on the drone or S7?

Battery saving utility? This on the drone or S7?
It is an Android phone setting, Setting->Battery, from ther you can disable "Power saving mode" and under "App power monitor", be sure to turn it off for Go4. Once I did that I never saw any issues with GO4, because apparently, GO4 does not "get seen" by the power monitor and inactivates it, while you are using it.

Reactions: ToonTonic
It is an Android phone setting, Setting->Battery, from ther you can disable "Power saving mode" and under "App power monitor", be sure to turn it off for Go4. Once I did that I never saw any issues with GO4, because apparently, GO4 does not "get seen" by the power monitor and inactivates it, while you are using it.
Ok ive set this up, ontop of another forum members advice of adding DJI GO to Game tab

Will give it a go later to see how it performs & report back.

Cheers

So i tried putting the DJI app in game mode & adjusted varipis battery settings so when that single app is running....its got all the juice.

Result:

Slight improvement.

Not a total fix, but takes alot longer to lock up. Much easier to close the DJI app now & restart it too.

In a nut shell.....worth doing :)

UK S7 EDGE

Im pondering if the issues people are having is based on the US S7 vs the International S7.

They both use different processors I believe (Snapdragon v Qualcomm?)

That is a good point. I am using a S7 purchased in Thailand. I did however us my S6 Edge which was Verizon and had no issues flying in the states. However I came back here to Thailand and could never get the S6 edge to connect to the DjI App. I uninstalled and installed numerous times to no avail. I use the S7 now.

No problems with brief use of Galaxy s7 but switched to Note 4 to use as dedicated screen, no problems with that either.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661