DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Galaxy S8 works great!

tdenman

Reactions
Just an FYI... I usually use an iPad Mini 4 for flying the Mavic, but we went out of town for the weekend and I forgot it.... I had my Samsung Galaxy S8 with me so I thought I would give it t try, starting off very conservatively. Well, it worked GREAT! I flew for at least 45 minutes over several flights and did not have one hiccup! Good to have a backup!

Reactions: Iain225
I'm glad to hear something good. There seem to be a lot of complaints that make me afraid to fly.

I have been flying using my Motorola Droid Maxx 2 and I have had all kinds of issues. Disconnects, sketchy video, freezing screen, app restarts, you name it I have probably had it happen. But then some days everything is perfect and I fly through two batteries with no problems at all.

Time for a new phone though here in another month and I have been looking at the Galaxy s8 so good to hear you haven't had any problems. I am "never iPhone" so it is good to hear something on Android is working well.

I haven't had as good of luck with my S8. Some disconnects come from what i guess is how I hold the controller and the USB C Connection get's loose. However the app crashing is my biggest problem. I would say it crashes about every other flight. Not a huge deal as it opens back up and connects just fine but getting some shots requires a retake and that's super annoying.

My S8 crashes every flight. DJI Go 4 and Nougat havent work well since its release. You'd think DJI would do something about this.

I've been flying with Galaxy S8 for few weeks now. Not a single issue.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya