DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite question

KennethH

Reactions
I've found the Galaxy Tab A7 tablet to work fine with my Mini 2 and the Fly app. Now I've got a Hoodman HAV1 hood that fits okay, but encroaches at the top and bottom of the screen. The hood has a nice flap that lets you get a hand in there to punch some buttons, but especially with the hood, some of the Fly buttons on the screen at the bottom are impossible to get to. Is there a way to move the margins of the Fly screen in to slightly decrease the size of the image?

That AliExpress shade looks pretty good, but not a hood. Wouldn't take effect from backlight. And then there is the slow boat from China thing, which is a bit questionable at this time. I'm still trying to change the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 screen to give me more room around the edges. Maybe a screen resolution thing?

Here's the Hoodman HAV1 with added hood. It isn't really necessary in the field.

Hoodman HAV1 (3).jpg

That AliExpress shade looks pretty good, but not a hood. Wouldn't take effect from backlight. And then there is the slow boat from China thing, which is a bit questionable at this time. I'm still trying to change the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 screen to give me more room around the edges. Maybe a screen resolution thing?
I've found the Galaxy Tab A7 tablet to work fine with my Mini 2 and the Fly app. Now I've got a Hoodman HAV1 hood that fits okay, but encroaches at the top and bottom of the screen. The hood has a nice flap that lets you get a hand in there to punch some buttons, but especially with the hood, some of the Fly buttons on the screen at the bottom are impossible to get to. Is there a way to move the margins of the Fly screen in to slightly decrease the size of the image?
I can probably cut off the inside Velcro where it won't affect the elastic straps that hold the hood tight to the tablet. Might take some stitches to clean things up. The Hoodman HAV1 kit came with an extension hood which really doesn't do anything, but they always show it in their ads:

I can probably cut off the inside Velcro where it won't affect the elastic straps that hold the hood tight to the tablet. Might take some stitches to clean things up. The Hoodman HAV1 kit came with an extension hood which really doesn't do anything, but they always show it in their ads:
After realizing I'd left my controller and Tab A7 Lite out in the weather all night, as I cleaned them up I decided to take an Xacto Knife to the Hoodman Hood and cut off the encroaching velcro on the bottom and top where it gets in the way of the buttons on the Fly screen. That helped a lot. At least it didn't rain, and my Mini 2 wasn't out there all night. What kind of father would I be?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78