DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung S10+ Is Awesome!!!

Lon Denard

Reactions
So I have the Crystalsky monitors and a Smart Controller but thought I'd try my new S10+ for a change of pace... Wow! So bright and clear! Seriously amazing and zero hesitations of any kind with the app. Of course, with 12GB of ram, you'd hope not but still super happy! If you don't want a Crystalsky or Smart Controller, this is definitely a good choice for a monitor...oh and it's a phone too! Bonus!

How do they compare in order of brightness and viewability in sunlight?

I want to say I’ve seen data putting the crystal sky ~2000 nits.
There are three models; two at 1000 nits and one at 2000 nits. My S9+ is rated at 1100 nits at Max Brightness, while my Smart Controller is rated at 1000 nits, same as the two Crystal Sky monitors (not the 2000 nit model though), and the Smart Controller blows my S9+ out of the water. Even in the brightest conditions, the monitor is clear, bright and fully readable. Not so my S9+ which just blacks out.

Not to mention that you really need to switch off your data and alerts on the phone, otherwise it interferes with your screen while flying. Again, another good reason to have a CS or SC instead of a smart phone - that is if you can afford/justify the extra cost :)

How do you find the reduced bezel when the phone is sitting in the arms of the Mavic controller? Given there's a lot of the DJI options are down the side I was wondering if that impacts usability?

How do you find the reduced bezel when the phone is sitting in the arms of the Mavic controller? Given there's a lot of the DJI options are down the side I was wondering if that impacts usability?
Hey, good point there. My S9+ was giving me headaches being so close to the Mavic Controller grips. I reckon you are right that the S10 would be even more of an issue in this respect.

Yep, it's one of the reasons that I purchased a Crystalsky in the first place. However, because you don't have to use the entire screen on the S10+... I thought that it works okay. The Smart Controller is still in my case and isn't going anywhere!

There are three models; two at 1000 nits and one at 2000 nits. My S9+ is rated at 1100 nits at Max Brightness, while my Smart Controller is rated at 1000 nits, same as the two Crystal Sky monitors (not the 2000 nit model though), and the Smart Controller blows my S9+ out of the water. Even in the brightest conditions, the monitor is clear, bright and fully readable. Not so my S9+ which just blacks out.

Not to mention that you really need to switch off your data and alerts on the phone, otherwise it interferes with your screen while flying. Again, another good reason to have a CS or SC instead of a smart phone - that is if you can afford/justify the extra cost :)

Yup!

How long does the S10+ sustain this peak brightness? Is it limited in time or by temp?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar