DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung S10e won't connect.....

Oldnotwise71

Reactions
Just over a week ago I collected my new mini fly more combo and instantly had issues connecting to my Samsung S10e. It didn't recognize that my phone was connected, so I tried it with my old iPhone 5s and it worked a treat. I contacted Samsung and they sent me to a local repair facility for diagnosis, the USB C port charged ok but wouldn't transfer any data to anything including my laptop or work computer. They'd had this issue with damaged USB ports before and had to order me a new motherboard.
I've spent the week flying my mini on my old iPhone 5s and a borrowed iPad mini 2 and have had a fantastic time, though the old apple product battery life has let me down a few times, I've had a great time learning to fly and film with the mini.
Yesterday I dropped my phone off for repair and it had a new motherboard and USB C (all one with this model) and picked it up yesterday afternoon. It now works and connects to my computer again and I can connect to everything, so I know that the new USB port it working fine, but last night when I tried to connect it to my mini, it failed to recognize the phone again.
I've seen on this forum and on YouTube that there was issues in the past with certain android models, but I have the latest software (version 1.0.8) and the S10 is on the mini list of compatible devices, so I'm a little stuck on what to do next?
Any advice would be welcome, as I can still fly it on my borrowed iPad mini 2, but I'm really not an apple fan boy and would really like to be able to use my phone. Thank you in advance for any help and support and stay healthy, Mike.

It's got a smaller screen and battery plus some other minor external tweaks, but it's the same CPU and software. I was also led to believe that they didn't test every single product on the market, because the ipad mini 2 I've borrowed isn't on "The List" but it works just fine.

It's got a smaller screen and battery plus some other minor external tweaks, but it's the same CPU and software. I was also led to believe that they didn't test every single product on the market, because the ipad mini 2 I've borrowed isn't on "The List" but it works just fine.
Your right that they don’t test all of them and some untested do work and some don’t.

But it seems you may have one that doesn’t.

Not much you can do.

Reactions: Lastrexking

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78