DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung S8 Plus

The Galaxy S8 plus has been the best phone I have ever used with my Mavic. It has a good screen size, it's fast. lots of storage space, is water resistant, and is a good phone for dual purpose use of every day phone and drone device. I don't like having to take off my case every time I fly, so I use this device extender. The extender is available on eBay or Amazon.

f4b0df8b6a27711c77d5d2b363ce0ce7.jpg

3fd3b2acc675a95218c514f05b37da6a.jpg

63fc0d21f94c92f41321f665f7b3c1a6.jpg

I use an S8+ never had any issues. I use it with the Polar Pro mount so I can leave the phone in its case

I have the Galaxy Note 8 and I have been using my iPad pro 9.7 because of app crashing on Android. Anyone else getting the constant crashing will is using Android?

Reactions: trriley5
I have had more app crashes and problems with iOS than my note 8. I tried my wife's iPhone 6s plus and an iPad mini 4. I still use the mini though because of the screen size.

But if you look through the threads here you will see a back and forth between the two os. I would say the majority say go iOS though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
I use a Samsung S8 note. They come out of the box with 7.1 Nought. It will be one of the few newer android devices that will get the upgrade to Oreo when it's released this year. Keep that in mind when it comes to latenceny issues. You want to keep things as fast as you can. Had an s6 edge and was a little slow running on 5.1. The s8 note has been awesome! And if you want to run a HDMI tablet the Dragon Touch V10 is running Android 7.0 Nought. Works great as well. I've never had an app crash on either device.
Cheers

Last edited:
Like in anything else in life, redundancy is the key to safety. Therefore I always have two androids ready, one of them Galaxy S8, with identical connections to the RC, when I ship out (See pic blow). If anything goes wrong, I am able to switch the phones in 20 seconds.

BTW, has anyone here figured out how to have DJI GO 4 and Litchi both functioning in Samsung Galaxy S8? thanks in advance :)

S8.jpeg

Yes but not at the same time.

On the other android, LeEco LePro 3, I am able to unplug/plug the USB connection to RC when the RC is on, then phone will let me to choose between DJI GO4 and Litchi. This works as long as I don't restart the phone; if the battery dies and the android is rebooted, I will have to reinstall Litchi (I am using v3.10.10), or I will be perpetually connected with DJI GO4.

So far I am unsuccessful in repeating the same for the Galaxy S8 :eek:

The main issue I had was I kept losing RC signal which was from using the stupid short cable that dji supplied. I use my samsung charger cord and have it connected directly through USB to the phone and it's fine.

I have an S8 and the only issue I have is that the phone charges from the controller. I have yet to find a solution and, as I understand, it may be an issue with Android in general. I've tried disabling the "charge this phone", but no luck.

I have had more app crashes and problems with iOS than my note 8. I tried my wife's iPhone 6s plus and an iPad mini 4. I still use the mini though because of the screen size.

But if you look through the threads here you will see a back and forth between the two os. I would say the majority say go iOS though.
I have been using Samsung S8+ since I bought my Mavic Pro. Works flawlessly [emoji973][emoji851]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne