DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Smartthings GPS Locator

ron77584

Reactions
just bought at Best Buy $79.99 pls tax includes LTE cell service for one year, $50.00 a year after 1st year.
Mounted it on top of mav air w/Scotch Velcro like strips. The only thing is the app doesn't show your phones location on the map, it shows the tracker location only so I open up google maps to see where I am in relation to where the drone is.
Anyone else using this tracker for a drone?IMG_20190129_155631843.jpg

just bought at Best Buy $79.99 pls tax includes LTE cell service for one year, $50.00 a year after 1st year.
Mounted it on top of mav air w/Scotch Velcro like strips. The only thing is the app doesn't show your phones location on the map, it shows the tracker location only so I open up google maps to see where I am in relation to where the drone is.
Anyone else using this tracker for a drone?View attachment 60984
I looked at getting it HERE a while ago when it went on sale for $69 but decided against it due to a few poor reviews. Sounded like things that could be fixed with updates though. Let me know your experience with it because if they did fix the issues with Android Pie I'd like to try it out. I currently use the Marco Polo System.

The app works fine so far with my android phone and do feel confident if the drone ended up 15 miles away I could find it, but like I said the app needs to show your phone location as well as the tracker location.

I looked at it as well but ended up going with the Marco Polo system. No monthly charges nor reliance on cell service. Little pricier in the short term but I think a better system in the long run

I watched too many videos showing people not finding the marco polo device in tests. Have you tested yours?
I had my wife hide it in the woods around our house a couple if times. The first time it took longer than the second and third since I was unfamiliar with the finder. I have no worries should the Mavic take off on me or I accidentally cause it to ditch somewhere.

What's its range?

I received a gift certificate for Best Buy and didn't find much on drone accessories. No trackers showed up. What category was the Samsung?

The range is anywhere there is lte cell coverage. AT&T's map shows almost the entire united states has 4g lte.
I asked the salesperson at Best Buy and they took me right to it, don't think I would have found it on my own.

Nice idea but no good for us in the UK as we don't have any LTE-M networks!

Also I'd be concerned about affecting the drone's GPS reception putting it on top.

I havent noticed any problems with it mounted on top but I am wanting to mount it on bottom, just need to add longer legs and that's more weightIMG_20190129_155624541.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phamvl3508