DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung ultra 21. Android 12. Dji fly 1.5.1. And the latest One UI 4.0. Black screen

New Pixel 6. Same. DJI says they don't support the phone, lol. I'm glad I still have my old Pixel 2XL to use to fly with. I suspect it's the same issue as on the S21U There's surely a workaround, perhaps in the dev options (of the phone), hopefully someone smarter than me will figure it out soon.

Suddenly. It works. Actually installed absolutely the same file I downloaded week ago. And it works

Reactions: diesel97
Suddenly. It works. Actually installed absolutely the same file I downloaded week ago. And it works
Hi Bojan! What did you install exactly? Which version if DJI Fly app and on which Samsung phone (which version of Android).
I have DJI Fly app with the latest firmware and Samsung S21 with Android 11....and everything works normal. But I'm very affraid to upgrade my phone to Android 12 One UI 4.0. due the those problems ☹

I decided to keep only a dedicated smartphone for the flight with the most stable app for me. no problem of drone phone updates with 1.4.8 1185. Samsung A7 (2018) Android 10

Hi Bojan! What did you install exactly? Which version if DJI Fly app and on which Samsung phone (which version of Android).
I have DJI Fly app with the latest firmware and Samsung S21 with Android 11....and everything works normal. But I'm very affraid to upgrade my phone to Android 12 One UI 4.0. due the those problems ☹
S21 ultra. android 12. ui 4.0.
DJI FLY 1.5.0.from DJI page. After its installed. In App update popups. 1.5.1. So now its 1.5.1. and it is working.

I have the same issue with my S12 Ultra and Android 12. DJI - you should do something with it, my Mavic Air2 is useless right now.

Reactions: CLAYB.7
I have the same issue with my S12 Ultra and Android 12. DJI - you should do something with it, my Mavic Air2 is useless right now.
Hey Brother I seen earlier today that they have a new update for the DJI FLY APP UPDATE 1.5.1 VERSION 2025 FOR ANDROID its supposed to fix the ANDROID 12 problem just go to the DJI WEBSITE and get it there and oh yeah don't forget to completely clean the app cache before you do the update for what ever reason it really helps Brother I hope this helps you guys out and God Bless Sincerely Clay B.

Last edited:
Hi guys! I just downloaded a new update DJI Fly App 1.5.1. version 2025 from official web site and installed it to my Samsung S21 with Android 12...my DJI Mini works without any problems... No more black screen! 👍

Last edited:
Hi guys! I just downloaded a new update DJI Fly App 1.5.1. version 2025 from official web site and installed it to my DJI Mini...It works! No more black screen!
Thanks for the update Brother and the Same Here now 😊 no more Black Out!!! God Bless Sincerely Clay B.

Reactions: Bojan
Hi. Uninstalled and reinstalled via the DJI download page and yes I can confirm it is now working ! Thanks DJI. Now don't let this happen again! ;)

Reactions: Bojan and CLAYB.7
Is that black screen problem now finally solved, since the Fly app firmware 1.5.4 ??
Need a new phone, and I don't dare to buy an S21 ultra.

Anyone know if these problems are only with the s21 ultra or do they affect the whole line of s21s. I was thinking of getting the s21 regular.
It's all phones with the Exyons processor (mostly all outside US phones). This has been fixed though in the latest version.

I have the same problem, Mavic Air 2 with Samsung Note 10 +, Exyons, Android 12, right after the 4.0 UI update last month, it won't connect, just black screen!, nothing helps even after I updated DJIFly app to the latest 1.5.10 & reinstalled the app.
However, after the latest phone update to 4.1UI, I was able to connect.
It seems to be the 4.0UI issue. Hope this helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe