DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sandisk SD Card ALERT

C&B

Reactions
Just bought two 32gb Extreme PRO SD cards from Newegg.com. It is the same company through which I purchased my Mavic. I used the Points to purchase the two SD Cards. When I received them from (what I assume is one of their subs) NEK, they showed a :"Slow SD Card" error on my DJI4 app. I did a little research because they did not have the same markings as my other Sandisk SD cards that were supposedly identical. The new ones were marked on the package "Made in China", but the disk itself was marked "Made in Taiwan." I tried both cards and received the same error. I contacted Newegg and they sent my inquire to NEK. I received the following response from NEK.

Dear MIchael Elliott,
Thanks for contacting us, we are very sorry for this issue. It was an accident and we are also the victims in this case. One of our suppliers who had been working with us for years, It was holding an authorized certificate paper to sell Sandisks. We always trust them and did not notice that the paper has expired since 31.Dec.2016. They continuously supply us with mixed unqualified and qualified products that had a very bad consequence on our business and we have claimed a legal complaint to them,also ended up the business with them in last week. We always persist in selling authorized and genuine products, and take full responsibilities for our valued customers. Would you like a replacement or refund ASAP?
About the unqualified products, you can deal with it as you like, and you don't need to ship back to us.

Sincerely apologize to you again for the inconvenience and really appreciate your understanding and support.

NEK TECH TEAM

I asked the for replacement. I will update when I get more information

Reactions: rydfree
Just bought two 32gb Extreme PRO SD cards from Newegg.com. It is the same company through which I purchased my Mavic. I used the Points to purchase the two SD Cards. When I received them from (what I assume is one of their subs) NEK, they showed a :"Slow SD Card" error on my DJI4 app. I did a little research because they did not have the same markings as my other Sandisk SD cards that were supposedly identical. The new ones were marked on the package "Made in China", but the disk itself was marked "Made in Taiwan." I tried both cards and received the same error. I contacted Newegg and they sent my inquire to NEK. I received the following response from NEK.

Dear MIchael Elliott,
Thanks for contacting us, we are very sorry for this issue. It was an accident and we are also the victims in this case. One of our suppliers who had been working with us for years, It was holding an authorized certificate paper to sell Sandisks. We always trust them and did not notice that the paper has expired since 31.Dec.2016. They continuously supply us with mixed unqualified and qualified products that had a very bad consequence on our business and we have claimed a legal complaint to them,also ended up the business with them in last week. We always persist in selling authorized and genuine products, and take full responsibilities for our valued customers. Would you like a replacement or refund ASAP?
About the unqualified products, you can deal with it as you like, and you don't need to ship back to us.

Sincerely apologize to you again for the inconvenience and really appreciate your understanding and support.

NEK TECH TEAM

I asked the for replacement. I will update when I get more information

Awesome customer support. They got screwed, make no excuses and are making good to you!

Here is the follow up.
Dear Mike,
Thank you so much for your response with understanding and kindness, we really appreciate it. We are going to ship out the replacement (2 authorized Sandisk Cards) ASAP and the new tracking number is: XXXXXXXXXXX. The estimate delivery date is 7-12 work days.
If you have any further concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to contact us
Thank you again for all!
NEK Tech Team

Those cards will probably work ok in some non-critical device , maybe a music player or something .

Reactions: C&B
I wouldn't use them in anything as they tend to use memory that's failed quality control so it's not just slow but unreliable as well.

hence "non-critical"

hence "non-critical"

They're not capable of that sort of use either, they just cause constant problems until they die if they even work at all as the mixture of bad memory and the hacks to make the capacity look larger often mean they don't. Given flash memory is cheap, these fakes should not be used for anything critical or non-critical.

John

Reactions: C&B
Well, today they came through. New cards from China with Chinese markings. Who cares, they work like they were supposed too. Noticed new card packages have a hologram on the rear with Chinese markings. The fake ones just had a QR Bar code. They are working fine and but for the two month wait, I am very happy.
By the way, I decided last week to take the Commercial Part 107 Commercial test. Its was harder than I expected. I passed, but would study a little differently now that I know what to look for.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird