DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Satellite count and Airplane Mode.

dbj702

Reactions
Hello folks,

I’m new to this forum and drone community so if this topic has already been in addressed any help putting me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

I currently fly my Mavic Pro and Mavic Air on either my iPad Mini 4, my iPhone X, or my Galaxy Note 8. There is no reason for why I choose to fly one platform over the other as to right now I’m trying to distinguish the advantages of each.

DJI Go 4 and my drones flight characteristics both iOS devices seem the same except my iPad mini 4 is WiFi only. I normally put all three devices in airplane mode when I fly to minimize any types of interference. I’m not sure if this is a good practice or not. Does so anyone have any concrete information on the advantages and disadvantages to enabling airplane mode for any of these 3 devices.

Lastly, On my iOS devices I normally populate between 9 and 11 satellites here in Las Vegas Nevada. On my Galaxy Note 8, I populate between 17 and 21 satellites. I’m wondering if any Mavic pilots besides myself experience anything similar to this?

Hello folks,

I’m new to this forum and drone community so if this topic has already been in addressed any help putting me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

I currently fly my Mavic Pro and Mavic Air on either my iPad Mini 4, my iPhone X, or my Galaxy Note 8. There is no reason for why I choose to fly one platform over the other as to right now I’m trying to distinguish the advantages of each.

DJI Go 4 and my drones flight characteristics both iOS devices seem the same except my iPad mini 4 is WiFi only. I normally put all three devices in airplane mode when I fly to minimize any types of interference. I’m not sure if this is a good practice or not. Does so anyone have any concrete information on the advantages and disadvantages to enabling airplane mode for any of these 3 devices.

Lastly, On my iOS devices I normally populate between 9 and 11 satellites here in Las Vegas Nevada. On my Galaxy Note 8, I populate between 17 and 21 satellites. I’m wondering if any Mavic pilots besides myself experience anything similar to this?
Howdy from Wyoming @dbj702 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

The device you are using has nothing to do with the satellite count. Airplane mode on your devices will not allow the device to receive phone to texts while you are flying in distract you, or interrupt the video feed from the MP. Won't effect the RC/MP connection.

I took my mavic pro out yesterday took 2 iPhones with me, flew with my regular phone but kept losing the camera, on several attempts, I fired up the spare phone, and I turned my regular phone to airplane mode so as to have no interference between phones, my spare phone did not work due to bad, so I swapped again to my regular one but I forgot it was on airplane mode, well that was my best result I have had in flying the MP, reminding you that this was my 3rd time attempting to fly it continuously with not interference or losing the camera.....So is this the way forward, and why am I getting camera disconnection???????

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54