Join Us Now

Saved by the vision sensors making quickshoots - video

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
This was a close call but the drone was saved by the side vision sensors. This surprise me because was going fast.

It was helix.

This was a close call but the drone was saved by the side vision sensors. This surprise me because was going fast.

Holy SXXX! That happened to me with my old Mavic Air 1 (red) when I totally thought I was above the tree, and it crashed. I have pretty good spatial perception but I was fooled. The omni sensors saved your day.

Dale
Miami

That's the problem with quick shots. they sometimes offer positive proof that the pilot is not keeping VLOS ;)

I try as more as I can to keep VLOS and that is why I almost crashed. I judged wrong the distance if you notice.

Given where the pilot was, VLOS was practically assured. This is exactly what the sensors are for, the rare time when depth perception is off just a bit. Nicely done, and glad you shared!

I really need to try more of those built in shots!

Reactions: zeusfl
I have had the aircraft swing from left to right in ActiveTrack - right into palm trees. Was so quick I would never have been able to kill the program in time. What you don't see in the second video is the palm trees just behind the aircraft at the end!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom