DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Saw a yellow light inside my Mavic through the back cooling goles/grill. Is it normal?

Cristian2210

Reactions
Hello! I just bought a Mavic Pro Platinum, and unfortunately crashed it during my first flight, which was indoor and in ***** Atti mode. I was very pissed off and actually wanted to take my money back and send the drone back to the shop from where I had bought it. But I flew it again today and it went in opti mode and when I got it down I saw a yellow-ish light coming from inside. Maybe from friction. I might just be paranoid, I don’t know. It was light, that’s for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
The light on the back of the Mavic shines inside too. Perhaps that's what you were seeing.

The light on the back of the Mavic shines inside too. Perhaps that's what you were seeing.
^ That's what I was thinking, after coming to the conclusion that it couldn't possibly be the Elves that live inside of the Mavic.

I've seen a faint yellow light beyond the rear one like it's inside the guts or something. I don't think I would try flying inside.

Yes, there is an orange internal indicator light in side of the MPP, you can see it through the rear vent.

If you planning to fly inside you need to make the area as bright as possible , turn on every single light and open every blind, so that the VPS can have enough light to work.
Also when hovering, check you compass sensor to see if you are having a lot of interference, this might have caused your crash

Thank you for the responses! Iannes, when I flew it yesterday, almost all the lights were turned off. So, yea. The Atti mode kicked in instantly. So, as I understand, in order to use the opti mode you need to fly it in a pretty bright room.

That yellowish light is the Mavic's blood. It must be oozing out from internal bleeding.

Dont blame the Mavic Pro Platinum as this is clearly pilot error.

If you want to fly indoors pickup one of the Eachine e58 drones. Small and comes with prop guards for approx $50.00 US

Reactions: Kilrah and hyper
So this yellow/amber blinking light inside is normal? I have never noticed it either until after 195 miles on mine I backed it into a tree at night. Pure pilot error, broke all props but legs and motors all looked great after.

Borg nanomachines commencing their assimilation within the drone?

Reactions: NITEWULF
classic newbie error flying indoors. these drones require some study of their workings before taking to the air ,and that way they last longer. indoor flying is at best sketchy and is not really what they are made for, hope you can continue to fly ok and learn from your mistakes good luck and happy flying

classic newbie error flying indoors. these drones require some study of their workings before taking to the air ,and that way they last longer. indoor flying is at best sketchy and is not really what they are made for, hope you can continue to fly ok and learn from your mistakes good luck and happy flying

I wasn’t indoor on mine. Flying at night with Lume Cubes on and backed into a tree. Main everything on bird is fine, but is the light normal? I never noticed it before.

Reactions: old man mavic
I wasn’t indoor on mine. Flying at night with Lume Cubes on and backed into a tree. Main everything on bird is fine, but is the light normal? I never noticed it before.
sorry i was on about the OP. its just the rear LED showing through the back of the mav cant really see it in the daylight

sorry i was on about the OP. its just the rear LED showing through the back of the mav cant really see it in the daylight

It’s not the normal remote not connected yellow light. It is an amber colored light flashing from farther inside the bird itself with the green/yellow/red status light. Can see it very clearly in daylight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin.macdonald