DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Say bye bye to DJI being used by any government agency.

No one, as far as I'm aware, including, disputes that the GO app makes numerous connections when on the network. So do most of the apps on your phone. Most of the GO app traffic is completely innocuous, or at least not mysterious, depending on your point of view. You can run the Pilot app if you prefer, which includes a completely silent mode which makes no network connections.

Yea but they've already told you that they have zero trust so there's really nothing to be done here. These guys think that my Crystalsky with absolutely no data connection can transmit data back to China...

My favorite point to laugh at is if you go to some of these guys YouTube channels you will find videos of where they have flown their drones for all to see. Some compete with pictures of their houses, their faces, their families faces, neighborhoods, etc. Hahaha!

Reactions: sar104
I am sure you are right Lon. We are in safe hands. No worries.

View attachment 54468

The question is whether or not you are open to the notion that you may be a teensy, weensy bit paranoid. My opinion is that you are not. That is what the reply was about. Whether or not you are ultimately correct will be born out someday. Perhaps China will invade America via the local park that I routinely fly my drone in. using the data that I so foolishly provided them. If that happens, I'll gladly admit that I was wrong and you were right.

Looks like i am in heaps of trouble. I have worked in China, provided advice to Chinese companies on design of railways and even worked in Africa with the PLA provoding protection. On top of that my wife is Russian. They probably have implanted bugs in my head and bugged my home
Woe is me.

The question is whether or not you are open to the notion that you may be a teensy, weensy bit paranoid. My opinion is that you are not. That is what the reply was about. Whether or not you are ultimately correct will be born out someday. Perhaps China will invade America via the local park that I routinely fly my drone in. using the data that I so foolishly provided them. If that happens, I'll gladly admit that I was wrong and you were right.

Okay but if that happens how will you contact me to let me know? We cannot assume pm will work because they might take out the forum.

Reactions: kissmybrass

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar