DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SC Card errors

slowjohnny

Reactions
Hey folks, have been a member for quite a while but basically in stealth mode :) as I read a lot but don't post very much. I am an active Mavic flyer and actually have been involved in R/C for over 30 years. Anyway, I was hesitant about the mini (I do have the original Mavic and the Mavic Air) and thought there was no way they could build a genuine Mavic product for 249 grams but I do have to concede that I was wrong, seriously wrong! I have flown my new Mavic Mini about a dozen times now and am seriously impressed with how well it flies and how well it records video. It is different than the others but it does have its place and I am very happy with my new MM!

One question though, I get a very frequent "SD card error" and on occasion I have needed to remove then reinsert the sd card. During all flights I get a constant "sd card" error along with the chime to that effect. With the exception of one segment I do actually get the entire video, but the error chime is annoying. I am using an Kingston SDC10 card that works in my Gopro and other Mavics but perhaps it is not fast enough? I have ordered some Sandisk cards that are faster and hopefully that solves the problem. I have not seen others posted with the same issue so probably an isolated case. Hopefully replacing the card will solve the issue but was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue?? Thoughts. I'll post a follow up in a week or so.

Happy Landings

:)

Is your card rated U3 ? I think the Kingston you have is only U1.
U3 is the class you want as it has sustained write speed of 30 Mbyts - sec

Yes, I believe you are correct on the U1 rating. I have a couple of U3 SD cards on the way, will provide a follow up post. Thank you

In theory U1 should be sufficient since stream is only 40MB/s but specs do call for U3.
Card could just been bad. I had an Ultra start acting up on my P3 for video. No problem with the card for any other data use.

Just wanted to follow up. I did replace the SD card with a U3 rated card and the problem went away instantly, so thank you for the advice.

Recent trip to Cozumel, this video is from my Mavic Pro. It was MUCH too windy to try the Mini but I have flown the Mini at home with the new card and it is doing great.

Mavic Pro in Cozumel

Reactions: Paul51
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky