DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Scams and come-ons

scoobie77

Reactions
I've gotten this message several times now. I've been assuming it's a scam because the message is always the same, but the name and location changes. "I need an initial aerial shoot of the site at all 4 cardinal directions at 200 & 350 or 400ft , and then there would be a separate 6-8 minute video shoot over 3 days, with daily site visits including photos, drone or ground video edited with cool music." Anybody else received this?

• Haha
Reactions: Gagey52
I've gotten this message several times now. I've been assuming it's a scam because the message is always the same, but the name and location changes. "I need an initial aerial shoot of the site at all 4 cardinal directions at 200 & 350 or 400ft , and then there would be a separate 6-8 minute video shoot over 3 days, with daily site visits including photos, drone or ground video edited with cool music." Anybody else received this?
As asked before are you getting that from a member ? If so shoot
his handle in a message to me and i will look at it 👍

That exact message is hitting so many UAS operators who are flying for hire. It's 110% scam and should be avoided.

I suspect it is a scam. The job seems almost too lucrative to turn down, but doesn't quite make sense when you think about what exactly this video would look like, and why would they want or need all this media? Also, the same language in all messages
Is this a message in the forum, like a PM directed at you? I have not received anything like that.
This is an unsolicited query from my website.

Reactions: Gagey52

I've gotten this message. Eventually they will say the credit card holder (who has the method of payment) is in the hospital and doesn't have access to the card, bla, bla, bla. total scam.

Reactions: Grandpa
Ignore!

Reactions: Joethedrone
And of course now the new one.... "Hello, Chambliss here. Are you available for Drone Services?".... lol

These scammers keep trying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1