DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Scary Moment

bdunn13

Reactions
So, this afternoon I was flying my drone (second flight of evening) in our neighborhood park in Altamonte Springs, FL. My wife was flying there with me and my kids were playing near by.

My wife had never flown there with me before and it is the most open space she has ever seen me fly so I was trying to show her a few things. Then all of a sudden I hear a plane and a plane comes flying REALLY low - I was out over the water and so was it. I had line of site to my Mavic but you lose perspective over distance.

Then all of a sudden the plane lands (thought he was going to do a touch an go but he stayed longer). After i saw him hanging around, I brought my Mavic back to me until he left.

No, I don't have video. I fly for fun and my memory card is full - I guess I should leave it empty for times like this.

So he landed on the water? You mean bodies of water can be used as landing strips? Uh oh. Better let DJI know to make all bodies of water potential airports. NFZs galore. Of course I'm be fecitious...

Glad it ended well, but hate to contemplate what new rules would come of a collision over water when you were already obeying all existing rules.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech