DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Schwenksville, Pa Search and Rescue

GullyMcBillam

Reactions
Hello my name is William and I am looking for help finding a lost M2P. My controller lost signal from the drone and its coordinates were last seen in a field that is entirely 20ft+ cedar trees. I believe its stuck high up and not on the ground. I am hoping to find someone who is willing to help me by doing a fly over of the area and taking photos or even just visual search on a phone/tablet. If anyone is interested feel free to PM me and I can give you details. Willing to compensate for your time!

Thanks for you time,
William M

Hello my name is William and I am looking for help finding a lost M2P. My controller lost signal from the drone and its coordinates were last seen in a field that is entirely 20ft+ cedar trees. I believe its stuck high up and not on the ground. I am hoping to find someone who is willing to help me by doing a fly over of the area and taking photos or even just visual search on a phone/tablet. If anyone is interested feel free to PM me and I can give you details. Willing to compensate for your time!

Thanks for you time,
William M
Did the "find my drone" function not help?

Thanks for you time,
William M
So after 2 days of searching I was still trying to locate my M2P and was getting frustrated. I put some photos up so you can see why i couldn't believe I was still searching... Screenshot_20181213-174813.jpegScreenshot_20181213-174852.jpeg20181213_182421.jpegScreenshot_20181213-183040.jpeg

Thanks for you time,
William M
Battery was found roughly 150 feet from the last known GPS... as per the photos you can see I found my M2P a heck of alot further away then where it said it was, anyone know why the coordinates woulf have been so off?

Drone suffered very minor damage which baffles me since the battery was very far away. I found my Mavic about head height in a dead bush and minus breaking all the blades it held up rather well. i was impressed... but regardless i have it back in my possession again so im thankful haha20181210_115959.jpeg

It would be interesting to know why it crashed. If the battery came disconnected in flight then I can see where it could have been thrown from the AC during the crash and then picked up by an animal that carried it a ways and then became bored with it and dropped it. K9's often find items that they pick up and after they carry it a ways and it becomes heavy in their mouth they'll leave it. I'm sure there are a thousand other possibilities but regardless I am happy for you that you got your drone back.

It would be interesting to know why it crashed. If the battery came disconnected in flight then I can see where it could have been thrown from the AC during the crash and then picked up by an animal that carried it a ways and then became bored with it and dropped it. K9's often find items that they pick up and after they carry it a ways and it becomes heavy in their mouth they'll leave it. I'm sure there are a thousand other possibilities but regardless I am happy for you that you got your drone back.
I have replayed the scenario in my head a 100 or so times and I cannot come up with a good conclusion on it either. The only way I could see it working out is if the gps system in the battery.. but I dont believe that's the case so I'm clueless haha but thank you I'm glad I have it back as well.

I have replayed the scenario in my head a 100 or so times and I cannot come up with a good conclusion on it either. The only way I could see it working out is if the gps system in the battery.. but I dont believe that's the case so I'm clueless haha but thank you I'm glad I have it back as well.

According to your diagrams, the battery was found 790 ft from the Mavic. It's simply not possible that they fell in two locations that far apart. Someone, or something, moved one or both of them.

Reactions: TR Ganey
I am not sure why they were so far apart, it's a quiet area and the field I was flying over is very hard to walk through let alone find a lost item in. When I found the battery it was partially sunken into the earth and it left an imprint in the ground telling me that it fell from a decent height, unsure of how it became disconnected from M2P. The drone its self was found facing the same line that it was originally headed, as well as the broken pieces of blades were below/in front of the drone, kind of telling me they landed there after crashing. I will probably never know what happened but I am glad to have it back, although I will say that the investigation/searching side of the whole ordeal was kind of intriguing. Nevertheless hopefully others won't have to experience a scenario like mine, thanks for all the responses everyone!

Gully,
On posts like this, the first thing people ask for is the flight log. Post that and you'll get more definitive answers. I'm fairly new myself, so I have not needed to deal with that yet, but there's an abundance of info on this site if you do a search.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes