DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Scottish Highlands 2018

Nice work, congratulations. [emoji108][emoji108][emoji108]

Some of the nicest shots I've seen on the forum but the purpose of this forum is to help so here goes.

Three comments:

Many of the scenes are too short to adsorb before flipping to a new scene making it hard to watch. Try to extend most scenes to least 10 seconds.

Many transitions are too abrupt. If you replaced 50% of the transitions with scene to scene fades it would be much easer on the eyes and the senses.

Your video length of 4-5 minutes is great. Videos approaching 10 minutes bore most audiences no matter how good the subject.

A little re-editing and you'll have one of the best videos posted here.

I like the mod set by the footage and the way the music & video complement one another. Was recently in the Highlands & the natural colors are more vibrant than revealed in most of this footage. Did you keep the light somber intentionally or did the filters dull it down?

Some of the nicest shots I've seen on the forum but the purpose of this forum is to help so here goes.

Three comments:

Many of the scenes are too short to adsorb before flipping to a new scene making it hard to watch. Try to extend most scenes to least 10 seconds.

Many transitions are too abrupt. If you replaced 50% of the transitions with scene to scene fades it would be much easer on the eyes and the senses.

Your video length of 4-5 minutes is great. Videos approaching 10 minutes bore most audiences no matter how good the subject.

A little re-editing and you'll have one of the best videos posted here.

I don’t disagree with your comments at all. In fact one of the biggest problems I had was trying to reduce the footage down from circa 2.5hrs into 6 minutes to fit the track which I had to extend from its original run time of 4 minutes.

Simply put I had too much footage I wanted to use and this acts as a holiday video of sorts. Great feedback nonetheless! Thanks!

I like the mod set by the footage and the way the music & video complement one another. Was recently in the Highlands & the natural colors are more vibrant than revealed in most of this footage. Did you keep the light somber intentionally or did the filters dull it down?

I tried to keep the colours accurate wherever I felt I could. The week for the most part was fairly overcast which naturally deepens the tones.

I was also probably wary of past feedback where I over baked several of the shots!

All great comments though. Did you capture any of your trip up north?

Very nice video, enjoyed to watch it. Thumbswayup

Many nice footage !

Great clip James, you have just convinced me to dash across to Scotland from Austria and do some filming next year.

br KangaAir

Last edited:
Reactions: Cymruflyer
Really, really nice. I grew up in the highlands and it’s footage like this that finally pushed me over the edge and had me buying my own drone. Superb.

It's a deal, Wales is in... Any place that doesn't flog schnitzel as a fast food is a welcome change.
There's nothing wrong with fast food schnitzel, wish we had it here. Shame we did not get a chance to meet up during my recent visit to Austria. You will love Scotland and Wales. Get in touch before you go over for some tips in Wales.

Likewise with Scotland. I have explored a significant amount of it and can really point you in the right direction when it comes to dramatic scenery.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661