DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Scotty Kilmer: 5 Tools Stupid People Buy Including a Mavic

That he is. He does have over a million subscribers. YouTube has actually made him a millionaire.
The reason he has so many subscribers is that he stirs up controversy but making just this sort of a statement.
We know, because we notice these sort of stories, that drones are the most popular electronic consumer product on the market. We also know that DJI Mavic is THE most popular drone model EVER
Well, so does Kilmer. He's no dummy. Caught your attention, didn't he?

Reactions: SkittleBob
Scotty is an entertainer... thats part of the reason why he has over a million subscribers. I watch his videos because he does talk plainly for morons like me and a lot of what he says makes sense. I offered to buy his drone but haven't heard back.

Not sure how many of you know who Scotty Kilmer is? If you are into automobiles you would know who he is. He has a YouTube channel on fixing your auto. He recently posted a video on buying cheap Chinese tools and parts for your car. He included a Mavic drone. In fact he ranted quite a bit on how the Chinese make terrible software. Apparently he updated his drone and it won't work. Interesting video.
He's not wrong ! most crap on Amazon are reviews by paid tweakers ! Mavic has been crap in the past ! the bullcrap administration not getting Microsoft's stamp of approval is just absolutely unforgivable for such a big company!

Reactions: monteolsen1
Not sure how many of you know who Scotty Kilmer is? If you are into automobiles you would know who he is. He has a YouTube channel on fixing your auto. He recently posted a video on buying cheap Chinese tools and parts for your car. He included a Mavic drone. In fact he ranted quite a bit on how the Chinese make terrible software. Apparently he updated his drone and it won't work. Interesting video.
This guy is the definition of “ boomer “.

Reactions: monteolsen1
Don’t know. A 73 year old must know a few things. I however, love my Mavic . Hopefully he can get some help. A free drone is a free drone!

Opinions are like butts; everybody has one and some of them really stink.
Every ( Mod Removed Language)who rants and posts videos of it will get some attention.
There will always be people who - due to an inability to understand, believes that science, medicine and other tech is bad.
The inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.
Mavics are bad and good. I think more good than bad. Just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
He seems like an annoying douche. He mentioned the drill and you shouldn’t see sparks, that’s total BS, even my Milwaukee drill which is made in the U.S. sparks the same way. That’s just the motors. He may know cars but seems like a TOOL.

After listening as far as the Mavic bit I felt like I’d walked 20 miles and then did a 4h workout in a gym! Does he EVER stop to take a breath?.

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
I feel that YouTube is getting over saturated with too many people chasing views.

You only have to look at the output of videos relating to drones, where we get ten minute videos looking at how a firmware update looks to do little more than make it easier to select the settings (it's better, but a sentence communicates it).

You're going to get rants that don't really make sense or have any real content. Newspapers, TV, 'news' websites, and now YouTube...
THIS!!

Reactions: SkittleBob
The reason he has so many subscribers is that he stirs up controversy but making just this sort of a statement.
We know, because we notice these sort of stories, that drones are the most popular electronic consumer product on the market. We also know that DJI Mavic is THE most popular drone model EVER
Well, so does Kilmer. He's no dummy. Caught your attention, didn't he?
No, he pretty much instantly LOST my attention!

He seems like an annoying douche. He mentioned the drill and you shouldn’t see sparks, that’s total BS, even my Milwaukee drill which is made in the U.S. sparks the same way. That’s just the motors. He may know cars but seems like a TOOL.
I’ve seen him before and followed on YouTube for a short while. Not a long while.
He really had a lot to say, too much for my brain. Can’t say it’s all bs though.

Good lord, that’s 6 (yes, that’s all I could stand) minutes of my life I can’t get back! ?

I've watched him here and there.
I can't watch too much of him, because he's totally obnoxious, and as of late, has been extremely click bait oriented.
I watched the video, and he makes it sound like DJI sent him the Mavic for free, like they were hoping he'd do a video on it.
What the idiot doesn't realize is, DJI is an industry leader in consumer, and prosumer drones.
Whatever happened to his drone, was either BS, and it's working fine, or he's an idiot, and too obnoxious to allow DJI to help him.
I've been a DJI customer for a little over a year now, and when I first ordered my Mavic 2 Pro, and SMART controller, there were issues.
The emailed me a free shipping label, diagnosed the issue, and sent it back in a timely manner.
I've never had problems with their customer service, so if he's having issues, it's all on him, not DJI.

Well Scotty might be raving up his engines, and YouTube views, he has some good points on DJI updates.

Attachments

• A5232A56-244A-404C-AF7A-941FE0CEE6A0.gif
    A5232A56-244A-404C-AF7A-941FE0CEE6A0.gif
    7.1 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: Mikieh and dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member