DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Screen goes black for a second when pressing photo button

RickMC

Reactions
Is this supposed to happen when I press the photo button? When ever I press it to take a photo, the camera feed on the dji go 4 app turns blacks as it snaps a picture and the camera button spins, then it comes right back. Is this normal?

They have tried to make it seem like an actual camera on your screen. I guess the black screen represents the open shutter and the spinning button represents the camera busy processing the picture. Sometimes, depending on lag, these things do not happen right when you push the button.

Duh. I don’t know why I didn’t realize that. I’m new to the Mavic and for some reason I thought the screen didn’t do that with my Phantom. I must not have noticed before.

There is even a "shutter" sound that sometimes does not happen for several seconds, if at all, even though the picture was captured when you pushed the button.

I just started having this issue yesterday - after a moderate crash. (actually, i crashed twice that day, but pictures were acting fine after the first crash.) Prior to the crash, taking a picture was very quick and i never noticed such a long delay. What else could be wrong?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife