DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Screw Driver for props

Rchawks

Reactions
I've noticed in the unboxing videos that the props aren't preinstalled like the mavic air 2 or the m3p. So since the drone is from a larger class of drones has that made a difference using the supplied screwdriver? I've only had to replace the props once on the mm I used to have. Since the props are larger I'm wondering if the supplied screwdriver is of better quality.

Most DJI drones (including the Air 3S) don't require screws for attaching the props. Just push them on and twist like this:

1730031507481.png

OK, didn't know that. Honestly, I've always taken off and landed on a mat and have never strayed from that so no problems with my props, except with the mm.

OK, didn't know that. Honestly, I've always taken off and landed on a mat and have never strayed from that so no problems with my props, except with the mm.

The Avata2 does have screws for it's props, btw. I think DJI was trying to make it consistent with other FPV drones. Or maybe these props are too small to make the other method practical. They include a tiny alan wrench for the screws. I'm guessing the new Neo also has them.

1730034523221.png

Last edited:
The Avata2 does have screws for it's props, btw. I think DJI was trying to make it consistent with other FPV drones. Or maybe these props are too small to make the other method practical. They include a tiny alan wrench for the screws. I'm guessing the new Neo also has them.
Yes, both of those drones use screws. I believe the OP is asking about the Air 3S though since this is in the Air 3S section of the forum.

Reactions: Rchawks
I used to deal with small Allen Torx screws on a daily basis at work. Sometimes I had to check using a mag to be sure. Sometimes they become rounded slightly.

Clarification.
Slight difference between what the OP pictured and a hex.
Good that DJI got away from the dreaded Phillips style.
IMG_7328.png

Clarification.
Slight difference between what the OP pictured and a hex.
Are you referring to the photo @Erk1024 posted? If so, it's indeed a 1.5 mm hex. I also own the Avata 2 and had no trouble using my 1.5 mm hex driver.

Yes. If my eyes aren’t deceiving me, I see a little rounding of the corners in his picture. A hex style will not have rounded corners. A Torx will.
An allen style(hex)tool will in most case work in a Torx style screw or bolt.
A more close up picture of yours would help confirm what DJI is using.
I don’t have any DJI products that use screws to attach props especially with all the issues people were having trying to remove and reinstall them.

Yes. If my eyes aren’t deceiving me, I see a little rounding of the corners in his picture. A hex style will not have rounded corners. A Torx will.
A more close up picture of yours would help confirm what DJI is using.
I don’t have any DJI products that use screws to attach props especially with all the issues people were having trying to remove and reinstall them.
Yep.

I agree that the heads in the photo look like torx, not hex.

Only in an emergency! It will eventually destroy the head.

I agree that the heads in the photo look like torx, not hex
It's indeed hex. And if you ever buy once, you'll see DJI also provides a hex key in the box.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PolKrestof