DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seagull attack on my M2P

SnowSkier

Reactions
Hi,

My M2P was attacked by a seagull and felt down on concrete from 30m.
The gimbal seems wasted, a few propelers too and also a sensor is damaged.
I think the repair price is high so I'm trying to buy just the aircraft, not the whole package, because I have 4 working bateries, polarpro filters and RC controler, everything else is fine.
Bought it 2 years ago(Care refresh is gone already) with the combo.

If someone knows where can I buy just the aircraft Mavic 2 Pro, any help will be apreciated.

Thank You

Hi,

My M2P was attacked by a seagull and felt down on concrete from 30m.
The gimbal seems wasted, a few propelers too and also a sensor is damaged.
I think the repair price is high so I'm trying to buy just the aircraft, not the whole package, because I have 4 working bateries, polarpro filters and RC controler, everything else is fine.
Bought it 2 years ago(Care refresh is gone already) with the combo.

If someone knows where can I buy just the aircraft Mavic 2 Pro, any help will be apreciated.

Thank You
DJI does sell just the Drone by itself. Contact the support at DJI and they will send you a link for that.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the rain
Coal

A little off topic, but 2 days ago I was walking near the beach and I got attacked by a seagull. That has never happened to me and I was really taken aback and surprised as seagulls are generally not aggressive. This particular one dive bombed me and came at me in a very aggressive manner until I was well away from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SnowSkier
A little off topic, but 2 days ago I was walking near the beach and I got attacked by a seagull. That has never happened to me and I was really taken aback and surprised as seagulls are generally not aggressive. This particular one dive bombed me and came at me in a very aggressive manner until I was well away from it.

Yep. Jonathan Livingston Seagull was a mythical creature.

Next time bring a baseball bat.

B&H sells the M2P without the controller.

I've been checking lots of sites selling just the aircraft and the price is almost the same as the whole package.
Just bought a new one today for 1299€ or 1541 USD.

I'll try to sell everything else or i'll try to get a repair for the damaged one.
I took some pics(below) and I would like to know if you think there is a chance to get the damage repaired at DJI or some other place that you know guys!

IMG_4053.jpgIMG_4053.jpgIMG_4054.jpgIMG_4055.jpgIMG_4056.jpgIMG_4057.jpgIMG_4058.jpgIMG_4059.jpgIMG_4060.jpg

Remember it felt down from 30m on concrete.
I dont know what's inside. It starts normally but the gimbal doesn't move.

Ok the motor cover/bottom probably needs replacing but with regards to the other things.
Does the rear cover of the camera pop back into place?
Do any of the scratches interfere with the operation of the scratched components? Based solely on the photos the only scratch/dent that would give me concern is the dent of the gimbal pivot hub. That, the camera cover and the motor cover aside, everything else looks to be 'cosmetic' damage only.

Reactions: SnowSkier
Ok the motor cover/bottom probably needs replacing but with regards to the other things.
Does the rear cover of the camera pop back into place?
Do any of the scratches interfere with the operation of the scratched components? Based solely on the photos the only scratch/dent that would give me concern is the dent of the gimbal pivot hub. That, the camera cover and the motor cover aside, everything else looks to be 'cosmetic' damage only.

Hi,

I can't put the camera back into place, very hard to do and I'm afraid I can damage even more the gimbal.
Since it was a big bang, falling from 30m on concrete, I dont know what damage is inside. everything else is functional. I can start it, leds are working, even the propeler motors seems ok. Only the gimbal doesn't work.

I'm going to send it for repair and wait for the quote $$$...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31