DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Search and rescue, drone goes down and M2P to the rescue.

Waldo Pepper

Reactions
Was flying on both farm and cattle land today, with permission the property owners allow me to fly drones here.

One of my Bebop 2 was out 1.9 almost 2 Miles flying over cattle land about 70 feet elevation, then bebop went out of control based from live feed figuared it was probably a prop. GPS showed its last connection, so flew a Parrot Anafi to confirm its location before hiking out there. When arriving to the location, a herd of cattle were huddled snack in the location the downed bebop should be. Circled the area couldn’t see the downed drone, flew Anafi back jeepers that was a 4 mile round trip.

Fired up the M2P, flew out there same area the down Bebop 2 give its last GPS location. When arriving, guess the M2P is louder than the Anafi, the cattle started to spread out and there snack were the cattle were huddled was the down Bebop 2. Took some screen shots, flew M2P back. Hiked in to retrieve the down drone and took a live camera pic approaching the downed drone, cattle were curious from the beeping bebop 2 noise. Which is why the Anafi didn’t see it, cattle were huddled to close to the drone.

Thought I’d share with you another side of our hobby, a sqare drone can help with Recovery to confirm its last GPS location.

Thanks for looking,
Paul

BD7698CA-24FA-4186-B8D5-541A65082D59.jpegE12D700A-8E77-4043-A2AA-EF40DAE20B2F.png6377E2DB-F42E-460B-9C57-22EA50ADCAF8.jpeg

Love that last shot of the Curious Cattle!!

Reactions: CJH92474
Love that last shot of the Curious Cattle!!
Thanks!

Yes indeed, the cattle were curious. On the first recon to see if it was were GPS showed it to be, couldn’t see it with the Anafi. Anafi is too quiet, cattle were huddled around the down drone couldn’t see it. Tried to lower Anafi to scare the cattle but was at risk of disconnect going below 30 feet elevation at that 2 mile distance. So brought back the Anafi and launched the Mavic 2 Pro, the Mavic 2 Pro is a little noisier and the cattle scattered when it arrived. There it was smack right were GPS said it was, flew M2P and hiked in to retrieve down drone.

Replaced prop, flew as if nothing ever happened.
Thanks again,
Paul

Reactions: ff22
Good thing they didn't step on it... or worse, like leave a big steaming cow pattie on it!
I was auctually lucky, didn’t include this on the original post. No caw patties, but they did pee on the downed drone. Was soaked and tail light was still beeping and flashing when I arrived, fortunately drone is ok she’s up and flying again.

If you look closely st the close up pic, you’ll see pee all over the downed drone. This Bebop 2 is modified, has an amplifier booster underneath the camera nose area. Luckily all turned out well ?

Take care,
Paul

F8959EEA-BF54-4321-AB8E-9C689EEF329D.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geser