DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seattle Area Pilots

I'm a commercial architect, and will be using my remote pilot license in part to take panoramas of future views from hi-rises, do building inspections, construction administration site photos, and some marketing videos of completed projects. I will be using the Verifly online drone insurance when I fly for work - $2.5 million liability coverage from $10/ actual flight hour. This is an easy way to itemize and bill the client.
My projects are spread throughout the state and country, so getting FAA authorization will vary with the project site. That being said, I plan to start off flying commercially only where the building is in Class G airspace, thus not requiring FAA authorization. In the Puget Sound area, you're below the floor for SeaTac's Class B fairly quickly, and there are only 7 Class D airspaces: Boeing Field, Renton, Paine, McCord, Fort Lewis, Tacoma Narrows, and Olympia. There is a single Class E surface airport in Bremerton - everywhere else Class E doesn't begin until 700 feet AGL. Everything else is Class G, so there's actually quite a bit of area to fly without seeking authorization from the FAA.

Once the FAA has streamlined their proceedures (see this video on the future of FAA authorization), I will start to fly at my construction sites located in other airspaces.
I

How's it going?!! I'm also here in the Graham area as well. I fly a lot in parks but just recently went down to Titlow beach park awesome views from the sound!! We need some get togethers!!!

Is it possible to fly from Titlow with the Narrows Airport so close by? I'm interested in flying from there later this year.

Hey there - freestyling vids and fpv are what got me into all this. Have you seen some of the newer vids guys are getting with fpv rigs?

DJI are now making FPV setups and parts along with a sync module that connects with the new DJI race goggles...potentially letting you fly both the Mavic and an FPV drone off the same gear...

Amazing work- thanks!!

I know that many of us are still waiting for the delivery of our Mavics (me included), but thought it would be good to find out who lives in or around Seattle, so that once we all get our equipment, it'd be easier to find others to get together with to fly.

To begin, I'm Pete, live in Seattle (Beacon Hill), and am new to drones.

Hi all! Rowen here from Seatac, I just joined today and just got my Mavic Air, new to drone. Will be testing it today, I'm currently in OC, Cali. Will see how this goes.
Also, where do you fly in the Puget Sound Area? Tips appreciated. I'll update my profile soon.

Hi all! Rowen here from Seatac, I just joined today and just got my Mavic Air, new to drone. Will be testing it today, I'm currently in OC, Cali. Will see how this goes.
Also, where do you fly in the Puget Sound Area? Tips appreciated. I'll update my profile soon.
This link will give you some locations. Some of it doesn't look current. I fly at 60 Acres when I'm testing a maneuver before taking the drone on a local trail.
R/C Flying Fields in Washington - RCGroups.com

Reactions: nheilwei
Picked up my Mavic Pro about 3 weeks ago. Lovin it! I’m currently out of the Granite Falls area.

Picked up my Mavic Pro about 3 weeks ago. Lovin it! I’m currently out of the Granite Falls area.
Welcome aboard. I frequently hike in the Mountain Loop area. My current focus is abandoned service roads that are not part of the trail system. You're going to enjoy your new drone.

Hello all just received my Mavic Air on release day. (February 7th) love this little thing! I have a spedix race frame I fly (needs new flight concontrol currently). Iam enjoying the stability of the Mavic Air now just need some good weather. I am located North of Seattle at the NorthendN of Lake Washington.

Hey Tom here from Bellevue, just joined recently. I've been flying since 2015. I currently have 2 3DR Solos, DJI Spark, and now Mavic Air in my hanger. In my drone graveyard I have a three 3DR solos (1 lost due to pilot error, 2 due to hardware malfunctions), 1 DJI Spark with broken wing due to pilot error (thanks DJI CARE!) and had a brief stint with Zerotech Dobby which I sold after disappointment with the video quality. I primarily use drones to film action sports but got a soft spot for aerial photography, filming travel videos, bridges, and mountains.
If you're interested you can check out some of my drone videos up on the youtubes or follow along on the instagrams where I post mostly photos and short drone vids:
baksideDisaster
Tom Aaron (@baksidedisaster) • Instagram photos and videos
Follow up and I'll follow back. I love seeing footage from other PNW pilots!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e