DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seeking a backpack that will fit the mavic + 2 batteries + dji goggles? (and be airline worthy)..

I don't know how large the goggles are (they look so large as to negate the compact portability of the mavic that is the biggest reason I bought it) but I got this bag from someone's recommendation here for all my camera gear and drone. I love it and I think it would fit the requirements size wise.

Amazon.com : Evecase Extra Large DSLR Camera & Laptop Travel Backpack Gadget Bag w/ Rain Cover for Nikon, Canon, FujiFilm, Olympus, Samsung, Panasonic, Pentax, Ricoh, JVC and More Digtal SLR Camera - Black : Camera & Photo

The Viewpoint BP250 is not huge. It's a good size. However, having just purchased the goggles, it is a little bit tight. If I try to fit the "toilet seat" part of the goggles in the upper section I cannot do up the zip. There is a removable separator between the upper and lower section. I shall have to remove it, if I am to fit everything in. It can be done, for sure. I just need to find the best approach.
Fits fine for me. I put the front part in a small bag and sort of put it inside the headband.

IMG_20170523_163859.jpg IMG_20170523_163911.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Natedoggz
e59b214f187d83047d9028ee07a855a8.jpg

I use manfrotto

Manfrotto - Camera Backpack

Fits fine for me. I put the front part in a small bag and sort of put it inside the headband.
This is great.. so they fit then.. question is, will the bag appear to be too stuffed to be allowed as a personal carry on item (delta for me in a week or so, though my goggles might not get here in time)..
I havent flown on airliners enough to recall if stuffed in this manner would fit under a seat.. i guess it can sit in front of your legs, hopefully.

Getting greedy, but with that bag + mavic and goggles.. will an ipad and a landing pad fit in there too :D (mine is the 42" pad that folds up into roughly 12-14" circle i forget).

This is great.. so they fit then.. question is, will the bag appear to be too stuffed to be allowed as a personal carry on item (delta for me in a week or so, though my goggles might not get here in time)..
I havent flown on airliners enough to recall if stuffed in this manner would fit under a seat.. i guess it can sit in front of your legs, hopefully.

Getting greedy, but with that bag + mavic and goggles.. will an ipad and a landing pad fit in there too :D (mine is the 42" pad that folds up into roughly 12-14" circle i forget).

The goggles just barely fit. You have to put them in just the right orientation for the zipper to close without tension. I also have my laptop in there with Mavic, lots of lipo batteries, extra antennas, iPad, etc. You definitely can't go smaller. This backpack is just large enough. The profile is thin, so I don't expect issues with airlines.

Here is the profile of my fully packed backpack which includes the goggles, iPad, laptop, etc:
IMG_20170524_082930.jpg

Here is the orientation of goggles headband to make it fit with front part positioned through the middle.

IMG_20170524_081828.jpg

The goggles just barely fit. You have to put them in just the right orientation for the zipper to close without tension. I also have my laptop in there with Mavic, lots of lipo batteries, extra antennas, iPad, etc. You definitely can't go smaller. This backpack is just large enough. The profile is thin, so I don't expect issues with airlines.

Here is the profile of my fully packed backpack which includes the goggles, iPad, laptop, etc:
View attachment 13517

Here is the orientation of goggles headband to make it fit with front part positioned through the middle.

View attachment 13518
Thanks so much for posting all these pics.. this was very useful.. yeah hopefully just the right size to not have to use it as a carry on but as the personal item

edit: so say without the laptop in there.. could you see yourself having this on your back during a 7 mile rails to trails bike ride along with a water bladder in the mix somehow? too heavy, feels ok?

Last edited:
I can easily pack my Mavic + RC + 2 batteries (all in their own small cases) + goggles into my Ogio Renegade. Plus lots of other extra stuff, jacket, water bottle, external battery, everything. Love it.

Talked to another person today, regarding travelling with the mavic + batteries.. i guess the TSA is getting on the case of if you have lithium ion batteries freely laying in a bag, vs in the device (cant take extras).. however.. i'm not sure if this applies to the mavic and lipo.

Talked to another person today, regarding travelling with the mavic + batteries.. i guess the TSA is getting on the case of if you have lithium ion batteries freely laying in a bag, vs in the device (cant take extras).. however.. i'm not sure if this applies to the mavic and lipo.

Are you saying they don't follow the guidelines posted in their TSA blog anymore? In the following link they mention that it's ok to carry on lipo batteries.

The TSA Blog: Travel Tips Tuesday: Safely Packing Batteries for Your Trip

check out peak design, they have great backpacks that can carry tons of gear, like tons.

Are you saying they don't follow the guidelines posted in their TSA blog anymore? In the following link they mention that it's ok to carry on lipo batteries.

The TSA Blog: Travel Tips Tuesday: Safely Packing Batteries for Your Trip
That was his belief that depending on the TSA agent, at list with lion batteries they were cracking down for some reason.. i'm still going to take one in the bird, two on the side.. i guess worst case i leave the line and walk 2 of the batteries back out to the car and lock them in there till i return.

That was his belief that depending on the TSA agent, at list with lion batteries they were cracking down for some reason.. i'm still going to take one in the bird, two on the side.. i guess worst case i leave the line and walk 2 of the batteries back out to the car and lock them in there till i return.

I haven't had an issue with TSA and I have been four countries, including Spain.

View attachment 13517

View attachment 13518

I finally got round to using the goggles with this bag.. i have mine in a similar arrangement.. i put the goggles in the middle of the headband and in the single one pocket out of the two at the top.. i'm concerned as the hinge is on the side of the bag, i worry if it gets slammed against something it could break.. the other option is for the headset portion in the left top pocket and a more tightly coiled headband in the other, less risky on the banging from the side.. in either case i have a small piece of thick bubble wrap around it, but that wouldnt keep it from snapping under some freak weird pressure i dont think

Reactions: halifax
The Viewpoint BP250 is not huge. It's a good size. However, having just purchased the goggles, it is a little bit tight. If I try to fit the "toilet seat" part of the goggles in the upper section I cannot do up the zip. There is a removable separator between the upper and lower section. I shall have to remove it, if I am to fit everything in. It can be done, for sure. I just need to find the best approach.
Have you got it all sorted out? Would you recommend this backpack to carry the DJI Goggles? Thanks.

Have you got it all sorted out? Would you recommend this backpack to carry the DJI Goggles? Thanks.

I wouldn't I'm afraid. It's a great pack, but I feel that the Goggles are a bridge too far. There is another guy on here who has managed to shoehorn the Goggles in, but I felt it was too tight........... So I sold the Goggles. Problem solved :)

Reactions: halifax
I can’t believe a vendor hasn’t come up with a nice travel solution for the mavic and now mavic2. Hint if anyone is watching this. I’d like to be able to fit the headset in comfortably and still have the pack be small enough to fit under the seat of a plane. Also, how about a hard pocket for sunglasses and some molle for additional customization. Some decent straps for actually hiking, and maybe even some nice external pockets for airline tickets/ passports, keys, wallets etc. it’s not rocket science. Light weight, maybe even a Velcro tab for a patch or two?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov