DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Selling my Epson Moverio BT-300 FPV Drone Edition Smartglasses

I have read some of your posts in the Moverio forums and sounds like you really liked these so first off am wondering why you are selling them? Also sounds like you bought these used so wondering if there is anything that may be wrong with them. Also in your opinion are the new ones from Epson still the same basic item or have they made any real updates from your model? I have the SC and really like it but have the same problem as many others of trying to relocate the drone after looking down. I also tried the DJI goggles and not a fan of them (consider a partial trade?). I do have 2 RC1A controllers so do not have to use the SC for these but will probly set it up that way if I do get these. Also in your opion with my M2Z, M2P, M2EZ, and now the Mini2 would the BT-300 be the best option?

I have read some of your posts in the Moverio forums and sounds like you really liked these so first off am wondering why you are selling them? Also sounds like you bought these used so wondering if there is anything that may be wrong with them. Also in your opinion are the new ones from Epson still the same basic item or have they made any real updates from your model? I have the SC and really like it but have the same problem as many others of trying to relocate the drone after looking down. I also tried the DJI goggles and not a fan of them (consider a partial trade?). I do have 2 RC1A controllers so do not have to use the SC for these but will probly set it up that way if I do get these. Also in your opion with my M2Z, M2P, M2EZ, and now the Mini2 would the BT-300 be the best option?
Hello! Yes, I really loved them when I got to fly my M2P a lot pre-COVID. Had a heart attack a couple of years ago & haven't been able to fly my drone as often as I would like. Last time was in August of 2020 shown in my avatar. When I first acquired them, I did a full factory default reset, then updated DJI's GO4 app to version 4.3.24 which I believe to this day to be the most stable; so no need to upgrade. I have also learned that the boot sequence is very important:

1. Unplug Micro-USB from left side of your DJI controller. A lot of people forget to do this first.
2. Turn ON the Moverio BT-300 touchpad.
3. Turn ON your DJI drone.
4. Turn ON your DJI controller.
5. Plugin the Micro-USB end of the supplied cable to the right side port on your BT-300 touchpad.
6. Plugin the USB-A end of the same cable to the back of your DJI controller.
7. Your DJI GO4 app should start automatically. You're ready for takeoff.

Once fully charged, the BT-300's battery lasts for 6 hours. I know for sure you can use the BT-300 with your M2Z & M2P. You can also use your DJI Smart Controller with the BT-300 in conjunction with BT-35E hdmi interface box. The only way to use the BT-300 with the M2EZ & Mini2 is to do the AppleTV USB mod that I and a fellow drone hobbyist discovered back in the Fall of 2020. With this setup, you can fly any make drone now or in the future, using the standard controller that comes with the drone, along with an iPhone or iPad! In closing, if you can find the BT-300 for a good deal, these are the best FPV & don't forget Augmented Reality glasses in the market, unless you want to shell out $800 for the newly announced BT-40 glasses that aren't yet optimized for use on drones.

Hope all this info helps!

Last edited:
Hello! Yes, I really loved them when I got to fly my M2P a lot pre-COVID. Had a heart attack a couple of years ago & haven't been able to fly my drone as often as I would like. Last time was in August of 2020 shown in my avatar. When I first acquired them, I did a full factory default reset, then updated DJI's GO4 app to version 4.3.24 which I believe to this day to be the most stable; so no need to upgrade. I have also learned that the boot sequence is very important:

1. Unplug Micro-USB from left side of your DJI controller. A lot of people forget to do this first.
5. Plugin the Micro-USB end of the supplied cable to the right side port on your BT-300 touchpad.

Once fully charged, the BT-300's battery lasts for 6 hours. I know for sure you can use the BT-300 with your M2Z & M2P. You can also use your DJI Smart Controller with the BT-300 in conjunction with BT-35E hdmi interface box. The only way to use the BT-300 with the M2EZ & Mini2 is to do the AppleTV USB mod that I and a fellow drone hobbyist discovered back in the Fall of 2020. With this setup, you can fly any make drone now or in the future, using the standard controller that comes with the drone, along with an iPhone or iPad! In closing, if you can find the BT-300 for a good deal, these are the best FPV & don't forget Augmented Reality glasses in the market, unless you want to shell out $800 for the newly announced BT-40 glasses that aren't yet optimized for use on drones.

Could you tell me how to reset the glasses to the factory settings as the pair I bought was used as a demo pair by various people. I want to get it to owner with my password to open the glasses for use. I'm also interested in using them along with a iPad air 3 but couldn't find any useful or explanatory way of how to do it without it costing an arm and a leg.

Hi i know its a little late, but why do you need to do all that dancing with mini 2?
As far as I understand Moverio 300 and 350 have android box, you just install DJI app on it and thats it, the video feed is in your eyes

Reactions: Flycaster
Hi i know its a little late, but why do you need to do all that dancing with mini 2?
As far as I understand Moverio 300 and 350 have android box, you just install DJI app on it and thats it, the video feed is in your eyes
Why do I do all that dancing with the Mini 2? Maybe do a little more research before you comment. The FLY app that the Mini 2 uses doesn’t work on the android box because it’s a 64bit app.

Why do I do all that dancing with the Mini 2? Maybe do a little more research before you comment. The FLY app that the Mini 2 uses doesn’t work on the android box because it’s a 64bit app.
and moverio 350 is not 64bit, had no idea its that old, well now i wont buy it then, even if its cheaper, I bet air2s and future drones also need 64bit, right?
I kinda found a simple solution to use a phone that has dual usb-c [or even cheaper a 130$ Chinese tablet with hdmi out] and just get something like goovis or bt-40

and moverio 350 is not 64bit, had no idea its that old, well now i wont buy it then, even if its cheaper, I bet air2s and future drones also need 64bit, right?
I kinda found a simple solution to use a phone that has dual usb-c [or even cheaper a 130$ Chinese tablet with hdmi out] and just get something like goovis or bt-40
Hey, I came across your post in General Discussions where you are using an Asus ROG Phone and you were able to configure & use the 2 USB-C ports properly. Can you tell me what you did in your settings for the ROG Phone that allowed you to connect the ROG’s bottom USB-C port to the DJI Controller and the side USB-C port to your Goovis Lite smartglasses. This should work for my Epson Moverio BT-40 Smartglasses using it’s USB-C connector!

Last edited:
Hey, I came across your post in General Discussions where you are using an Asus ROG Phone and you were able to configure & use the 2 USB-C ports properly. Can you tell me what you did in your settings for the ROG Phone that allowed you to connect the ROG’s bottom USB-C port to the DJI Controller and the side USB-C port to your Goovis Lite smartglasses. This should work for my Epson Moverio BT-40 Smartglasses using it’s USB-C connector!
Hi,
do you have ROG2?
You basically plug the controller into the normal USB slot and the glasses into the one with the rubber plug [the side port] and thats it
There is free app called Second Screen to configure the video out resolution
The app need a root permission, your device has to be rooted
But it also has a popup screen explaining how to run without root with adb command
BTW, i found a game console like device called Odin that uses the same fast chipset and it has real HDMI out [can be used for any HDMI device or with hdmi to usb-C adapter for usbc devices]
and its cheap, should be great for FPV

Hi,
do you have ROG2?
You basically plug the controller into the normal USB slot and the glasses into the one with the rubber plug [the side port] and thats it
There is free app called Second Screen to configure the video out resolution
The app need a root permission, your device has to be rooted
But it also has a popup screen explaining how to run without root with adb command
BTW, i found a game console like device called Odin that uses the same fast chipset and it has real HDMI out [can be used for any HDMI device or with hdmi to usb-C adapter for usbc devices]
and its cheap, should be great for FPV
Actually, I would have purchased a used Asus ROG Phone (1st version) locally, but when I emailed Asus tech support, they told me that it couldn't be done. Either they actually didn't know or they knew but since I'm more of an IOS guy, they never informed me of the hidden USB Debugging feature :(

I ended-up getting the DJI Smart Controller which works very well with my Mini 2 and BT-40S Glasses & Controller. I use ApowerMirror to cast my SC screen to my BT-40 glasses with very minimal lag.

Obviously, the BT-40 hardwired to the Asus ROG would be ideal with no lag but I like the wireless convenience of my setup, since I'm able to put the small BT-40S Android controller in my pant pocket :)

Last edited:
Actually, I would have purchased a used Asus ROG Phone (1st version) locally, but when I emailed Asus tech support, they told me that it couldn't be done. Either they actually didn't know or they knew but since I'm more of an IOS guy, they never informed me of the hidden USB Debugging feature :(

I ended-up getting the DJI Smart Controller which works very well with my Mini 2 and BT-40S Glasses & Controller. I use ApowerMirror to cast my SC screen to my BT-40 glasses with very minimal lag.

Obviously, the BT-40 hardwired to the Asus ROG would be ideal with no lag but I like the wireless convenience of my setup, since I'm able to put the small BT-40S Android controller in my pant pocket :)

Have you trierd just buying a simple HDMI to USB-C adapter? no lag and its direct connect to your Smart Controller
Like this

and this

Reactions: AnzacJack
Have you trierd just buying a simple HDMI to USB-C adapter? no lag and its direct connect to your Smart Controller
Like this

and this

I have the Club3D HDMI>USB-C adapter, but the resulting video in my BT-40 Glasses has a thin flashing intermittent White line that goes across the top. 😞

Actually, I’m quite happy casting my DJI Smart Controller’s screen wirelessly to my BT-40 Glasses connected to it’s BO-IC400 Android Controller. There’s barely any lag, and I can just put the controller in my pant pocket with just the USB-C cable going up to my BT-40 Glasses! 👍🏼

I just wished I wasn’t given the wrong information from Asus ROG Phone tech support, as I would have preferred to purchase the Asus ROG 5 Phone instead of the DJI Smart Controller & the BT-40 BO-IC400 Android Controller which I bought used from a fellow forum member.

Last edited:
I have the Club3D HDMI>USB-C adapter, but the resulting video in my BT-40 Glasses has a thin flashing intermittent White line that goes across the top. 😞

Actually, I’m quite happy casting my DJI Smart Controller’s screen wirelessly to my BT-40 Glasses connected to it’s BO-IC400 Android Controller. There’s barely any lag, and I can just put the controller in my pant pocket with just the USB-C cable going up to my BT-40 Glasses! 👍🏼

I just wished I wasn’t given the wrong information from Asus ROG Phone tech support, as I would have preferred to purchase the Asus ROG 5 Phone instead of the DJI Smart Controller & the BT-40 BO-IC400 Android Controller which I bought used from a fellow forum member.

BO-IC400 is brand new, its not 64Bit ? I was contemplating on getting it, but if it doesn't have 64bit its expensive toy.
But if it has 6 4Bit, any reason you just dont load the FlyApp on it?

To solve the flashing line, try the Second Screen android app, the white is Overscan and in the app it can be adjusted to hide it.

Also, I know the 3DClub brand, it has good customer support, I have 3 of their devices and they keep developing them, I just email them once in 2 months and they send me links to latest firmware updates.

What im saying is, send them an email with the model name of your adapter nd tell them that you want the latest firmware, also tell them about the issue that you have. [To update teh firmware you need a windows PC]
Here is the email: [email protected]

Also if you have passive HDMI to USB-C, one of the links i sent you is active adapter it has stronger signal.
But I think that firmware update should solve your issues, I had issues with their adapters too, cut outs, some didnt work and firmware updates helped me, now they all work.

BTW, do you have any experience with GOOVIS glasses? I was told they have a superior image quality, 2 OLED screens, and no transparency, im thinking about the GOOVIS Lite ,its a 2021 model, has HDMI, 1080p/60

What stops me is that i dont know what will happen in future:

Im hot for Autel Nano+, its sub 249 gram and has optics rivaling Air S2, RYYB sensor and more.

Also the Lite+ [a direct Air 2S competitor] looks great on paper, but i rather get sub 249 gram if it has all the features of the big ones, but if it wows me then why not.

Also Mavic 3 comes up AND the new Smart Controller V2.
if the Mavic 3 is indeed in the 1600$ area and not like some rumors say over 2K USD, and its really a WOWOMG drone i might get it as investment, even go to get a license in future [Our Drones laws were copied from American and thank god for that, if they copied from EU its far worse and more complicated]

if I buy the Goovis Lite now and eventually go Autel route, im screwed, their smart controller is 1200$.

Also as an option is to get DJI FPV Drone and later one of the sub 249$ eitehr ASutel NANO+ or DJI Mini3

What scares me of DJI is the geofencing

Last edited:
BO-IC400 is brand new, its not 64Bit ?
It's 64bit but the 2nd USB-C port is crippled. Even if you do USB Debugging & assign it to File Transfer, still does not allow the port to connect to the DJI controller.

To solve the flashing line, try the Second Screen android app, the white is Overscan and in the app it can be adjusted to hide it.

Also, I know the 3DClub brand, it has good customer support, I have 3 of their devices and they keep developing them, I just email them once in 2 months and they send me links to latest firmware updates.

What im saying is, send them an email with the model name of your adapter nd tell them that you want the latest firmware, also tell them about the issue that you have. [To update teh firmware you need a windows PC]
Here is the email: [email protected]
Been emailing them back & forth. So far they don't have any firmware updates.

BTW, do you have any experience with GOOVIS glasses? I was told they have a superior image quality, 2 OLED screens, and no transparency, im thinking about the GOOVIS Lite ,its a 2021 model, has HDMI, 1080p/
Goovis has very good support. I was in contact with a lady by the name of Selena (Head of Marketing) and she actually got me to try out their Goovis Wireless Cast, which is a new product they're crowdfunding on Indiegogo.com

Im hot for Autel Nano+, its sub 249 gram and has optics rivaling Air S2, RYYB sensor and more.

Also the Lite+ [a direct Air 2S competitor] looks great on paper, but i rather get sub 249 gram if it has all the features of the big ones, but if it wows me then why not.

Also Mavic 3 comes up AND the new Smart Controller V2.
if the Mavic 3 is indeed in the 1600$ area and not like some rumors say over 2K USD, and its really a WOWOMG drone i might get it as investment, even go to get a license in future [Our Drones laws were copied from American and thank god for that, if they copied from EU its far worse and more complicated]

if I buy the Goovis Lite now and eventually go Autel route, im screwed, their smart controller is 1200$.

Also as an option is to get DJI FPV Drone and later one of the sub 249$ eitehr ASutel NANO+ or DJI Mini3

What scares me of DJI is the geofencing
Looks like the latest leaks says that the Mavic 3 Cine Premium Package (w/Smart Controller v2) will run you $4,000+ and the Base Package will run you $2,000+. Pairing it with the Autel Nano sub 250g seems like the best choice right now, as there has been no indication of a Mini 3 this year!

Last edited:
Like this

and this

Hello again! I’ve tried searching for an online seller of this Club3D CAC-1333 adapter but I only see European sites & they all are OUT OF STOCK. Do you know of any that may have one in stock?

Hello again! I’ve tried searching for an online seller of this Club3D CAC-1333 adapter but I only see European sites & they all are OUT OF STOCK. Do you know of any that may have one in stock?

I assume your from USA, i just checked no stock, but you can get this thing instead:

I tried the Goovis adapter. Returned it cause I get the same flashing White line on top of the image projected in my BT-40 glasses.
You need to try the Club3D CAC-1333 which has a different chipset.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54