DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sent my drone to thunderdrones

To all, just be careful.
Flopping around like a murder weapon?!? It is actually called "Chicken dance" and it is phenomenon known from RC helicopters ;)
With how advanced the software and hardware is. If the sensors determine a chicken dance situation or murder flopper situation why not just shut down the props

The most important thing here is this. You did not loose a finger or so, you can always fix/replace the drone. I hope it turns out well for you and you get back to flying....good luck fellow drone E....

Had similar story. Flown in S mode, stopped and overflow landing positions ending in the bushes. For my luck drone was in low speed at the end of breaking path, and was hold, stopped by bushes. Lost 2 propellers and small mark on the protective glass (new one already ordered) .

I will be keeping a thread to document the before and after transformation. I am very excited from reading all the great reviews.

So, what happened? I was flying very carefully and after a few hours of flight and my fly more kit I thought I was a pretty great pilot. Enabled S mode and flew around, got cocky and fly it around. When flying it back I was a little late stopping, would have stopped non s mode, and it went almost vertical from the stop, clipped a bush, hit the wall and landed on its back. It continued to spin and I panicked and tried to press the battery button cutting my finger open and almost breaking it. Still hurts pretty bad. The result? A broken gimble and a sad owner. Pictures to come tomorrow.

BUGGER!

My condolences, both for the damage to your drone, and damage to yourself. It could've been worse.

Two "take-aways" from the experience.
1. Sport mode should be avoided. Consider it as an accident waiting to happen. I use it only when at altitude, and only to RTH. I then change back before landing. That way the sensors will be active, and available to protect you and anyone else down low.

2. Down, in, and hold on both sticks to stop the motors. Don't risk your hands, face, eyes, etc or anyone else's. I'm haunted by a picture of an infant mangled by drone blades. 636689046390154178-37715140-2055810631104540-7497812120449318912-n.jpg

Reactions: Andrija 87
My condolences, both for the damage to your drone, and damage to yourself. It could've been worse.

1. Sport mode should be avoided. Consider it as an accident waiting to happen. I use it only when at altitude, and only to RTH. I then change back before landing. That way the sensors will be active, and available to protect you and anyone else down low.

2. Down, in, and hold on both sticks to stop the motors. Don't risk your hands, face, eyes, etc or anyone else's. I'm haunted by a picture of an infant mangled by drone blades. View attachment 47603
Holy crap

2. Down, in, and hold on both sticks to stop the motors. Don't risk your hands, face, eyes, etc or anyone else's. I'm haunted by a picture of an infant mangled by drone blades. View attachment 47603
I can't believe it. That is so horrible

Reactions: Former Member
Holy crap
We must always remember that our drones can quickly transform into slicing, dicing machines with just a moments inattention. They have the power to horribly maim. Never forget this picture when you fly. And to think, had the drone struck an inch higher, that baby would’ve been blinded!

Reactions: jmt and Turn11
I don't know. An easy one to test though.

A simple "good point" would normally suffice.
My question is what is it supposed to do. I looked through the DJI forum and M2 Op Manual and didn't see anything. I will post a question on DJI. Also I see numerous MP - MPP comments and YouTube video's showing hand retrieval and shutoff by turning sideways. I was unable to find if it was an actual function on the MP / MPP Operators Manual.
No big deal. I bought my M2P on opening day after watching the video. I understand early innovators. There are going to be growing pains, to me, it's worth it and I have no regrets.

A simple "good point" would normally suffice.
My question is what is it supposed to do. I looked through the DJI forum and M2 Op Manual and didn't see anything. I will post a question on DJI. Also I see numerous MP - MPP comments and YouTube video's showing hand retrieval and shutoff by turning sideways. I was unable to find if it was an actual function on the MP / MPP Operators Manual.
No big deal. I bought my M2P on opening day after watching the video. I understand early innovators. There are going to be growing pains, to me, it's worth it and I have no regrets.

I wasn't criticizing your question, just in case that's how it came across.

Reactions: Turn11
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ