DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sent my drone to thunderdrones

MavicMistakes

Reactions
I will be keeping a thread to document the before and after transformation. I am very excited from reading all the great reviews.

So, what happened? I was flying very carefully and after a few hours of flight and my fly more kit I thought I was a pretty great pilot. Enabled S mode and flew around, got cocky and fly it around. When flying it back I was a little late stopping, would have stopped non s mode, and it went almost vertical from the stop, clipped a bush, hit the wall and landed on its back. It continued to spin and I panicked and tried to press the battery button cutting my finger open and almost breaking it. Still hurts pretty bad. The result? A broken gimble and a sad owner. Pictures to come tomorrow.

how do you stop the blades in an emergency when flopping around like a murder weapon? The button wouldn't work I had to pull the battery.

You can use the CSC controlled stick command to cut the motors. Pulling the battery works on Phantoms, Sparks and Mavic Airs where the battery is either bottom mounted or rear mounted.

In retrospect how do you stop the blades in an emergency when flopping around like a murder weapon? The button wouldn't work I had to pull the battery.
CSC, if enabled in settings, you can move both stick on the controller down and in, the same action to manually start the motors, that will kill the motors.

The legs had bent back from the fall so I couldn't get a clean pull without getting battered by blades. I can't get the gimble cover on... Because it is out of socket per the pic. Do I ship it with it off but include the cover for the way back? Have you fixed something like this before?

Props don't have to be powered to cause a cut. Heavy winds spun the props at low speed, and arm got in the way. Got nice clean but not very deep scrape that did bleed some

Reactions: MavicMistakes
CSC, if enabled in settings, you can move both stick on the controller down and in, the same action to manually start the motors, that will kill the motors.

I think it is enabled by default on the M2 drones. On the MP & MPP you had to go into the code to enable CSC

Even when you are flying. Of course you will probably crash.

IF it falls flat, IF you are high enough you MIGHT be able to restart before the crash IF you are lucky.

There are 2 things In this picture that concern me. The gimbal motor assembly might have gotten damaged and the forward obstacle avoidance sensor might be obscured by the damage to the plastic eye.

20180921_134516.jpeg

Reactions: MavicMistakes
Last edited:
I think it is enabled by default on the M2 drones. On the MP & MPP you had to go into the code to enable CSC

Even when you are flying. Of course you will probably crash.

IF it falls flat, IF you are high enough you MIGHT be able to restart before the crash IF you are lucky.

Perhaps it is different based on the version of go4 or drone software, but my understanding is that the only option for csc for original Mavic Pro is a choice betweeen:

csc functioning anytime you give the command

or

csc functioning only when the aircraft senses an emergency.

As far as I’m aware there was no option to disable csc on original mp.

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78