DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Serial Number of Any Help?

NewbieNewbie

Reactions
Hi to all the experienced members

I am in the process of buying online a second hand Mavic Air 2 Fly More at a reasonable price. It has 80 hours of flight and apparently no crashes.

I asked him the date of purchase. He did not give it to me, but sent me the serial number.

May I ask how this serial number will help me to make a decision if this is safe to buy?

I have to presume it must be more than a year old or he must be a seller who bought it from someone else and does not have the date???

Is there any risk in buying this? I mean can things go wrong? Is it better to spend more money and buy brand new?

I cant test it because it is all online

I really highly appreciate any advice, and don;t want to burn my fingers (or be penny wise and pound foolish).

Please help me here

Thank you

Best wishes

Hi to all the experienced members

I am in the process of buying online a second hand Mavic Air 2 Fly More at a reasonable price. It has 80 hours of flight and apparently no crashes.

I asked him the date of purchase. He did not give it to me, but sent me the serial number.

May I ask how this serial number will help me to make a decision if this is safe to buy?

I have to presume it must be more than a year old or he must be a seller who bought it from someone else and does not have the date???

Is there any risk in buying this? I mean can things go wrong? Is it better to spend more money and buy brand new?

I cant test it because it is all online

I really highly appreciate any advice, and don;t want to burn my fingers (or be penny wise and pound foolish).

Please help me here

Thank you

Best wishes
Use this link to find manufacturing date DJI SERIAL DECODER , even if the former owner tells you when they bought it, doesn't tell you really how old it is, but 80 hours already means they have flown it quite a bit. Reason for sale? Just from what you post, I am not getting a good vibe from this "Sale". ;)

Reactions: hiflyer201
Repaid1 and Elborak thank you for this.

The message from the serial decoder says:

"Model: Unknown, build on: 13. June 2020"

Is this possible?

Thank you again

Best wishes

Repaid1 and Elborak thank you for this.

The message from the serial decoder says:

"Model: Unknown, build on: 13. June 2020"

Is this possible?

Thank you again

Best wishes
Sounds about right considering they marketed in May 2020, so you got a first or second run down the ole' line at DJI. Not that it matters as it's China, but that was a Saturday. :p

Repaid it seems you think this is a reasonable deal?
I know there are no guarantees in life, but on the balance of probabilities. It seems the seller knows less than me, and cant even tell me if there is a warranty. LOL
Thank you again
Best wishes

Hi Elborak

Over here a new one (Mavic Air 2 Fly more combo) costs the equivalent of $1440. This one with 4 hours flight and less than 80km distance, and made in June 2020 (presumably therefore still a warranty till June 2021 I assume). Now this seller is selling at $205 less.
I know nothing about these matters, but I don't mind the saving of $205 if it is all "kosher".

Thank you Elborak

Is the risk of 1) possibly getting ripped-off 2) possibly having issues if you have a warranty claim 3) only getting half of the warranty term (I could go on) worth saving $200? Only you can answer that.

You could ask him to send you a screen shot of the AIRDATA info..there are pages that show serial number, flights ...etc
I think all that date is available free to the owner.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji