DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Serious GO 4.1.5 Android bug!

If I download this to my pc then hook it up my Android will it work out?
Yeah, shouldn't be a problem. Just transfer the apk to your phone from the pc and make sure installing from unknown sources is enabled in your android settings.

Yeah, shouldn't be a problem. Just transfer the apk to your phone from the pc and make sure installing from unknown sources is enabled in your android settings.
Did all of that & transferred to Android but NOTHING came up - was expecting the App to come up as 4.1.3 but nothing happened so had to revert back to putting in 4.1.5 again from playstore
Yep - doing something wrong I guess - not sure what I expected really but was hoping 4.1.3 ????
HELP!

Did all of that & transferred to Android but NOTHING came up - was expecting the App to come up as 4.1.3 but nothing happened so had to revert back to putting in 4.1.5 again from playstore
Yep - doing something wrong I guess - not sure what I expected really but was hoping 4.1.3 ????
HELP!
When you transfeer the apk file to your phone, make sure to make note of where you put the file.

Say you put it in the 'downloads' folder. You then have to navigate to that folder using a file explorer, just search Google play for a file Explorer if you don't have one installed.

Open the file and it should ask you if you'd like to install this app.

So since you are on 4.1.5 now, do this:

0. Go to Google play and disable auto update for dji go 4
1. Go to phone settings - apps - dji go 4
2. Select storage - force stop - clear cache and data
3. Uninstall dji go 4
4. Navigate to the folder where you put 4.1.3 apk and select to install

You should be good to go

OK so back to 4.1.3...........App database 01.00.01.04
HOPING it's stable & no disconnects - test tomorrow - fingers crossed.
Hey you know what I hate - when I go into the app the freakin Spark is the 1st thing I see..................lol

When you transfeer the apk file to your phone, make sure to make note of where you put the file.

Say you put it in the 'downloads' folder. You then have to navigate to that folder using a file explorer, just search Google play for a file Explorer if you don't have one installed.

Open the file and it should ask you if you'd like to install this app.

So since you are on 4.1.5 now, do this:

0. Go to Google play and disable auto update for dji go 4
1. Go to phone settings - apps - dji go 4
2. Select storage - force stop - clear cache and data
3. Uninstall dji go 4
4. Navigate to the folder where you put 4.1.3 apk and select to install

You should be good to go
Hey thanks a ton 'Jappish' - I did tell you I wasn't too savvy on this stuff huh
Yep - a file explorer makes sense since I couldn't 'explore' to find the darn thing.......lol........my bad
Gonna give it a go later - my head hurts - doh

Hey thanks a ton 'Jappish' - I did tell you I wasn't too savvy on this stuff huh
Yep - a file explorer makes sense since I couldn't 'explore' to find the darn thing.......lol........my bad
Gonna give it a go later - my head hurts - doh
Haha, glad you got it installed. 4.1.3 crashed for me on first launch after downgrade, but has been stable since.

Don't give up on it if it does it for you aswell. I guess that's just how dji go is

Haha, glad you got it installed. 4.1.3 crashed for me on first launch after downgrade, but has been stable since.

Don't give up on it if it does it for you aswell. I guess that's just how dji go is
Heh heh - haven't installed it yet but have downloaded ES File Explorer!
I see they have updated 4.1.5 very recently - has this cleared everything up do you know?
Hate that **** Spark..........lol

It's probably working now, saw somewhere it was a locale bug that made the app crash so it should be easy to fix I'm guessing. I'm staying on 4.1.3 since it has been the most stable one for me except for a battery drain now and then

It's probably working now, saw somewhere it was a locale bug that made the app crash so it should be easy to fix I'm guessing. I'm staying on 4.1.3 since it has been the most stable one for me except for a battery drain now and then
I think I will test it out tomorrow on 4.1.5 - if it holds up with no disconnects or issues I will stick with it.
Have disabled auto updates in the App so....................thanks again my friend I will let you know how stable/unstable the new 4.1.5 is later.

I get regular DJIGo4 app crashes on my Android phone. It doesn't matter if I am internet connected, or not. I have tried downloading the maps, and then putting the phone in "Airplane Mode" (no puns, please). Doesn't matter. I am sticking with the Litchi app for my flying. No app crashes yet. (using 4.1.3 - but have had crashed on previous versions)

I get regular DJIGo4 app crashes on my Android phone. It doesn't matter if I am internet connected, or not. I have tried downloading the maps, and then putting the phone in "Airplane Mode" (no puns, please). Doesn't matter. I am sticking with the Litchi app for my flying. No app crashes yet. (using 4.1.3 - but have had crashed on previous versions)
I'm no expert and dji go 4 really would need improvements.

Out of curiosity:

- what phone/android version are you running?
- what dji go version are you using?
- have you always had crashes with all dji go 4 versions?

I think it would be good if everybody started sending crash reports to dji, otherwise, problem-solving might take even more time for dji

OK BIG thanks for all your expert help my friend - Installed App version 4.1.3 this morning without a hitch ( smooth as butter )
Cranked up the Mavic - connected straight up to controller & App - No warnings no 'new version' available etc. Took off in my office hovered like a babe & steady as a rock!
I generally have loads of radio & WiFi interferrance in my office but 4.1.3 overcomes all of the interferrance & NO warnings at all.
Turned off App updates & as I have already hacked my Drone for 'steroid' type performance I am now a happy chappie thanks to you Jappish.
Have an excellent weekend
Palliz

I have read several crash descriptions for the GO4.1.5 app (Android) on German forums from Mavic, Spark and Phantom 4 Plus users and can reproduce this bug now on my mobile device connected to my Mavic, too.

The app does reproducably crash either while displaying the splash screen, the main screen or shortly after tapping onto "Go Fly".

I did further testing and found out that the crash will happen only if:
- the Mavic is connected with the remote and has a GPS fix already
- the system language of the mobile device is set to a different language than English, e.g. German

So from my Android programming knowledge DJI coders made a mistake with handling location and language dependent Android string-to-number and number-to-string functions, probably with the GPS position returned by Mavic for checking No Fly zones at app startup.

So as a workaround until this bug gets fixed do as follows:
Open the mobile's settings and change the system language to English!

I have already contacted a DJI rep on RCGroups who will hopefully give this information to the right person and also reported to the mail address specvified within Google Play Store.

We ave other bugs: 1) My Samsung 8+ sucks charge from console and in 10 minutes console charge is at 10%. 2) The software asks to me t spend 116 euros because software will expire in 48 hours. 3) I cannot calibrate. Practically I cannot fly!

I'm no expert and dji go 4 really would need improvements.

Out of curiosity:

- what phone/android version are you running?
- what dji go version are you using?
- have you always had crashes with all dji go 4 versions?

I think it would be good if everybody started sending crash reports to dji, otherwise, problem-solving might take even more time for dji

I am using a Motorola Droid Turbo 2 on Verizon with Android 7.0. As mentioned in my post, I am using DJI 4.1.3. I have always had app crashes in every version I have upgraded. I am reluctant to upgrade to 4.1.4. It's very disturbing when the app is no longer there and the drone is up in the air. Luckily, I have kept my drone in LOS during each crash.

OK BIG thanks for all your expert help my friend - Installed App version 4.1.3 this morning without a hitch ( smooth as butter )
Cranked up the Mavic - connected straight up to controller & App - No warnings no 'new version' available etc. Took off in my office hovered like a babe & steady as a rock!
I generally have loads of radio & WiFi interferrance in my office but 4.1.3 overcomes all of the interferrance & NO warnings at all.
Turned off App updates & as I have already hacked my Drone for 'steroid' type performance I am now a happy chappie thanks to you Jappish.
Have an excellent weekend
Palliz
Great to hear Palliz! I'm guessing they haven't fixed 4.1.5 then when you tried it?

Fly safe ;)

We ave other bugs: 1) My Samsung 8+ sucks charge from console and in 10 minutes console charge is at 10%. 2) The software asks to me t spend 116 euros because software will expire in 48 hours. 3) I cannot calibrate. Practically I cannot fly!
Have you tried another phone? I'm thinking the remote battery might be faulty? No phone should be able to draw more current from the remote than dji designed it for. If you don't have a spare phone to try with i would suggest flying a full battery on the AC and check how much battery remains on the controller.

What app version are you on? Dji go 4 app is free and shouldn't be asking you for any money. Did you download it from Google play or from a third-party website? Also, check that the developer is named 'dji technology Co, Ltd' in Google play when downloading.

Check screenshot 1502566378747.png

Great to hear Palliz! I'm guessing they haven't fixed 4.1.5 then when you tried it?

Fly safe ;)
No I guess not - I will stick with 4.1.3 - have absolutely NO reason to upgrade anything as I am confident in the current set up.
Have Pro-photog shoot also throwing in Mavic footage & aerials at the Blue Hole - Belize - around midday for a wedding ( believe it or not ) Sooooo many ideas going through my head right now......lol.
Super confident 4.1.3 gonna get me through this - like butter!!!!
Hey Jappish -can't thank you enough for your input my friend.
Cheers

No I guess not - I will stick with 4.1.3 - have absolutely NO reason to upgrade anything as I am confident in the current set up.
Have Pro-photog shoot also throwing in Mavic footage & aerials at the Blue Hole - Belize - around midday for a wedding ( believe it or not ) Sooooo many ideas going through my head right now......lol.
Super confident 4.1.3 gonna get me through this - like butter!!!!
Hey Jappish -can't thank you enough for your input my friend.
Cheers
That sounds awesome, I'd love to see some footage when you're done if possible. [emoji2]

That sounds awesome, I'd love to see some footage when you're done if possible. [emoji2]
Hey there! Blue Hole trip was excellent - sorry didn't reply to you earlier - sure will release footage after clients approval. Mavic performed flawlessly ( thanks for the help ) Wedding was 'different'.......lol
Time of day sucked - midday- lighting was abysmal due to direct overhead sunlight but that was what they scheduled so went with it. Too much sheen on the water surface but you know it turned out not too shabby
Get back to you when I get their permission to release ok
Cheers
Paul

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147