DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Serious Issue (Help Needed)

No I can fully afford i, well normally I could, I work for a friend down the street doing some landscaping for cash pay and i get 1300 ssi per month, problem is, I am having to help my mother and care for her because she is getting kimo and other treatments for her cancer of the esophagus because she has a cancer tumor,, and in which I am paying a lot for, not to mention sending money to my sister to help her out as well and after bills and rent, I barely have enough for food for my own place. I am having to eat at my moms place because i can't really afford to get food for my place at the moment and as far as the drone, yea, I can't afford to get it fixed or send it in but I paid 1200 for it and the stuff it came with. Regardless of whats wrong with it, I will just not fly it until after my mother is ok and I can stabilize my financial system.

Like I said sell the drone and take care of Mom and sister and you a drone and ipads have no place in your life at the moment. Your 32 why are you on SSI? and working for cash? Isn't your mom on SS and medicare?

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Wow you can't afford to repair the drone and post your personal sob story here for people to feel bad for you, but still manages to buy brand new I pad. I am a little confused here.
( MOD REMOVED CONTENT )

Last edited by a moderator:
( MOD REMOVED CONTENT )
I agree that I might have been harsh in my post.
I apologize if I offended you in any way. The use of foul language towards me is not appreciated.
I wanted to report you, but decided against it. Have a nice day sir.

( MOD REMOVED CONTENT )
You definitely are not thinking clearly. You're in NO position to be messing around with this nonsense when you can barely feed yourself. I'd concentrate on getting a second job and not wasting valuable working time with a hobby you obviously can't afford or understand.

I have looked through the app, but much of it is taking longer to get used to not to mention I forget nearly everything if I don’t constantly mess with it.

Now, that said, the downward sensor now malfunctions every time I take off as well it continues to gain altitude on its own. I have calibrated the sticks, IMO, compassions many times over, there is no interference and no sensor error warnings until the bottom sensor fails. But it fails every single time less than a minute into each flight. I gave it to a friend who owns the mavic pro, and many other drones and he did some flight test and checks and told me he doesn’t know why it’s doing it and that everything seems fine. He says it might be faulty hardware or a defective unit. He has a commercial lisence and has exp, that’s why I let him test it. But I guess I’ll send it in, screwed up thing is I’m so tight on money now, I am afraid I’ll have to pawn off stuff to pay for repairs.
How old is it? Still under factory warranty?

Reactions: DJI Ferrari
You definitely are not thinking clearly. You're in NO position to be messing around with this nonsense when you can barely feed yourself. I'd concentrate on getting a second job and not wasting valuable working time with a hobby you obviously can't afford or understand.
I can’t work, I live off ssi, and what work I do is cash pay from a family member or friend who pays cash. I have absolutely no education, no ged and live in the middle of nowhere, with a gas station 20 miles away so I can’t get a job because there are none unless it’s from family and this drone is the only thing keeping be from dying or being so board. But I didn’t ask for your input on weather I should have a drone or not and it’s not your place or right to judge me.

My only question was of why my drone might be doing what it’s doing. So don’t read what I said and judge me because you have no idea, my situation!

Dude, I would just edit out all of your personal problems. Is not really anyone's business here, and not really related to your issue. Bottom line is, I think you need to look into some form of warranty for your issue a it seems to be a faulty sensor. Due to your isolated location and lack of knowledge I don’t see another option.
I wish you all the best. (But really, pull down you personal stuff mate)

Last edited:
You say buying a thousand dollar drone is the only thing keeping you from dying of bordum and your so broke you can't afford your bills or to fix your drone. Why not take up a hobby that will make you money. You live in the sticks try wood carving good money in selling the pieces you make. theres 100's of hobbies that can make you money from home and sell on the internet. Learn leather crafting, make small wood boxes . Theres all kind of stuff to keep you from being bord and can make you some money.
you say mind our own business but you brought up all your problems and now were just trying to help but all you say is shut up and how do I get my drone fixed. You fix your drone buy first getting your financial situation fixed then you can take care of Ma and sis and last the drone , come on use a little common sense here.

Man O man you guys are so freaking smart but have not read between the lines in this thread... Stop torturing this guy and exit if you cannot help.. Op.. 3 things... Have your friend fly the drone and them have then upload the logs here... That will help a bit... Also turn the bottom sensors off and see if you can fly it around close without trouble... last... contact DJI asap to see if they would still warranty it for FREE!

Last edited:
So today I tested out my new ipad Air 2 as my main viewing screen for my Pavic Pro and I encountered a issue that makes me not want to fly.

Issue#1 The downward sensor fails 8 out of ten times causing the back light (MAVIC PRO TAIL LIGHT) to turn red, this happens almost every time I fly.

Issue#2 (SERIOUS) - The Mavic even when I am not touching any controls continues to gain altitude and will not stop until I hold down the control stick in which it begins to land.
\So its like I have only two options, land it or continue to gain altitude.

WHAT I'VE TRIED

1. I have calibrated all sensors, cleaned all bottom cameras, calibrated the IMU and compass, cleared app cache, check for latest firmware (INSTALLED) still did not fix the issue, downgraded to previous version, still did not fix the issue.

(MY MAVIC IS NEW AND HAS NEVER SUFFERED ANY CRASH OF ANY KIND)

I dont know what else I can do because I just can't get it to fly level. And this has happened many times before on my android device as well.

There are never any sensor errors at first and the only one one I do get is the downward sensor error, I check sensor state, IMU and compase and all are fine as it continues to gain altitude without me doing it.

I do not have the money to send it in and wont for about the next 7 month so I can't send it in. Reason being I have to pay a rather impatiant friend back for a small loan he gave me.

Mine does the same thing in low light conditions. Then I have to calibrate the IMU and everything works again.

:cool:Quick question, how do I listen to music via headphones when I fly because every time the app gives me a verbal notification my music stops and I love my music so how I keep djigo4 from stopping my music?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlipPak