DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Serious Issue (Help Needed)

DJI Ferrari

Reactions
So today I tested out my new ipad Air 2 as my main viewing screen for my Pavic Pro and I encountered a issue that makes me not want to fly.

Issue#1 The downward sensor fails 8 out of ten times causing the back light (MAVIC PRO TAIL LIGHT) to turn red, this happens almost every time I fly.

Issue#2 (SERIOUS) - The Mavic even when I am not touching any controls continues to gain altitude and will not stop until I hold down the control stick in which it begins to land.
\So its like I have only two options, land it or continue to gain altitude.

WHAT I'VE TRIED

1. I have calibrated all sensors, cleaned all bottom cameras, calibrated the IMU and compass, cleared app cache, check for latest firmware (INSTALLED) still did not fix the issue, downgraded to previous version, still did not fix the issue.

(MY MAVIC IS NEW AND HAS NEVER SUFFERED ANY CRASH OF ANY KIND)

I dont know what else I can do because I just can't get it to fly level. And this has happened many times before on my android device as well.

There are never any sensor errors at first and the only one one I do get is the downward sensor error, I check sensor state, IMU and compase and all are fine as it continues to gain altitude without me doing it.

I do not have the money to send it in and wont for about the next 7 month so I can't send it in. Reason being I have to pay a rather impatiant friend back for a small loan he gave me.

Reactions: Napolyon1
Yes. It’s in the menu of the Go 4 app. Also, does this happen in different locations? Have you tried turning off the downward sensors (to rule them in or out)?

Yes ive turned off the sensors then back on and yes its happened in multiple locations.

Yea I did this and I think it fixed it but I've another question because I can't fly this way. So like, when I gain altitude it displays the height in the form of meters, I have no idea how many feet are in a meter and my math is horrible so I wont even bother trying. My question is how do I change the setting to make it display height in feet like it did before?

Yea I did this and I think it fixed it but I've another question because I can't fly this way. So like, when I gain altitude it displays the height in the form of meters, I have no idea how many feet are in a meter and my math is horrible so I wont even bother trying. My question is how do I change the setting to make it display height in feet like it did before?

On the GO 4 app, go into the general settings and change the units to imperial. That’ll set it to mph and ft

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
My MP will also display downward sensor warning at times mostly around 150' out and 50' high and when it does I bring the MP to me and lower to 30' or less, hover a few seconds, the red light goes off and then no more problems on that flight!

Why, I don't know but it works for me.

slkfis

So like, when I gain altitude it displays the height in the form of meters, I have no idea how many feet are in a meter and my math is horrible so I wont even bother trying. My question is how do I change the setting to make it display height in feet like it did before?

I don't mean to be rude, but this is pretty darn rudimentary. If you're struggling with something this simple, I'm thinking it's just a matter of (a VERY short period of) time before you're picking up the pieces of your drone. Read, watch videos, practice in training mode, etc. before you take it back up in the air.

Last edited:
Reactions: JSKCKNIT and JDawg

You really need to get familiar with where things are in the settings. There is a lot that can be changed and it is worth your time.

I don't mean to be rude, but this is pretty darn rudimentary. If you're struggling with something this simple, I'm thinking it's just a matter of (a VERY short period of) time before you're picking up the pieces of your drone. Read, watch videos, practice in training mode, etc. before you take it back up in the air.
I agree. I have only been flying for a little over a month, but I made sure that I completely understood the basics of the GO4 app and FAA rules before doing much of anything. I spent waaay too much money on this baby to blow it because of a lack of initiative to learn these things. Not to blow my own horn, but I had my MP registered with the FAA before even firing it up for the first time. I labeled my MP with the reg. number and my phone number and also read many threads on this forum ahead of time. The knowledge base here is indispensable !

Reactions: Point Zero
I have looked through the app, but much of it is taking longer to get used to not to mention I forget nearly everything if I don’t constantly mess with it.

Now, that said, the downward sensor now malfunctions every time I take off as well it continues to gain altitude on its own. I have calibrated the sticks, IMO, compassions many times over, there is no interference and no sensor error warnings until the bottom sensor fails. But it fails every single time less than a minute into each flight. I gave it to a friend who owns the mavic pro, and many other drones and he did some flight test and checks and told me he doesn’t know why it’s doing it and that everything seems fine. He says it might be faulty hardware or a defective unit. He has a commercial lisence and has exp, that’s why I let him test it. But I guess I’ll send it in, screwed up thing is I’m so tight on money now, I am afraid I’ll have to pawn off stuff to pay for repairs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying