DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

setting max altitude

rondogg

Reactions
I am a new Mavic owner and I am having trouble setting the max altitude to 500m. I set it on my iphone when connected to the remote, but do I need to take another step for it to work? Thanks!

DJI GO needs to be connected to your Mavic in order to change that setting (since the setting on stored on the Mavic).

That is how I am changing the setting, when my iphone is connected to the remote and I am using the app. Do I have to set it to the 500m when the drone is on the ground and ready for take off each time?

Do I have to set it to the 500m when the drone is on the ground and ready for take off each time?
No.

What exactly doesn't seem to be working?

I am still being restricted to the factory setting on altitude even when I change the setting via the app.

Which altitude are you being restricted to?

That is what I do, but should the drone be grounded to change the altitude? I am using the app on my iphone when connected to the remote control and changed the value to 500m and it does not change. Being restricted to default setting.

I have the same issue. During my flight I change the max altitude to 500m but the drone will still not climb over 400'. The drone is on and connected to the controller and phone. I have tried it while it was grounded and in flight. Does it have to be in a certain flight mode to reach max altitude?

500 meters is over 1600 feet. Is that legal in your area?
I don’t care just asking.

Try changing to 115 meters only. (just under 400 feet)
IF that takes, then it seems that the app is forceably limiting you to the "400 foot" rule.
And, if you need higher altitudes, you are going to have to downrev the AC firmware to something like .700 or prior....

Try changing to 115 meters only. (just under 400 feet)
IF that takes, then it seems that the app is forceably limiting you to the "400 foot" rule.
And, if you need higher altitudes, you are going to have to downrev the AC firmware to something like .700 or prior....
How do I do that " downrev the AC firmware to something like .700 or prior. " and what downrev mean and what measurement is .700, is that feet or what?

How do I do that " downrev the AC firmware to something like .700 or prior. " and what downrev mean and what measurement is .700, is that feet or what?

Don't take this the wrong way, but I sense that you are new to the Mavic (by post count and the questions).

I would not risk doing anything to your setup at this time. This includes doing any updates at this time. Wait and see how the bird flies.
Keep it in beginner mode, a wide open field, and just take it one step at a time. Beginner mode keeps you close and slow,
Read and re-read the manual.
Watch all the youtube videos you can about your Mavic.
And ask questions here, we'll answer as best we can.
Oh, and did I mention read and re-read the manual, front to back. You don't have to memorize it all, just expose yourself to the text, and it will refresh in your head as things can/will pop up.

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunatico028