DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Setting waypoints without a flight route.

ajlholt

Reactions
I have a Mavic 3 and know how to set waypoints in advance using my iPhone. However I do not want the Mavic to fly a route between those waypoints, I simply want to be able to tell it when in flight to go to a waypoint and sit there until I do something manually with the drone. I then want to be able to tell it to go to another waypoint and wait there until I repeat the process. Is this possible and how would I do it?

Hmm I reckon you would have to setup multiple 'missions' and use them as individual tasks, initiating them as you need to.
I'm sure some of the more experienced will chime in. But that seems to be the way I would want to do it in this way...

Agreed with above; multiple missions with each mission having just the one waypoint. I gather you would like to be flying around the area at leisure until you are ready and then from wherever you happen to be located, you hear a siren from the east and you know there is a fire truck leaving the station so you activate waypoint mission FS1 and you drone will automatically head over to station #1 and sit there recording as 6 trucks are mounted and depart over the next 5 minutes lights and sirens. Suddenly you hear a train whistle in the distance and while it's a little late upon arrival, you know the noon haul is coming thru so you activate waypoint mission TB1 to head south to the train bridge overpass at the river so you can wait there for the next 10 minutes to record the 150-car freight train coming thru. Back to flying, you get an alert on your mobile that you ring camera has activated so you send the drone to mission waypoint HM1 to fly home and observe your front door......

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13