DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Settings & Emergency shut off

xdronedk

Reactions
  1. What are the/your best settings for photography and video for the Mavic Air?
  2. Is it possible to turn off the emergency shut down function? I checked the settings, but couldn’t find anything to turn it off.

The best settings for photo and video vary, depending on what conditions you are shooting under.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Is it possible to turn off the emergency shut down function?
No. As is out of the box, you should not be able to accidentally trigger it mid-flight.

Reactions: Simmo
Theres some guy on another forum saying the emergency shut off works buy hand grabbing the drone and turning it upside down to shut it off. While this works to shut the motors off I don't think this is the emergency shut off. My understanding and I know I'll get corrected if Im wrong LOL is you bring both sticks down and in which will shut down the motors in an emergency situation, like say you were about to run into people or hit a power line of something of that nature. Not really sure were this would come in handy as I think most of us would rather just control the drone rather then shut off motors and crash. But point being I don't think that the hand catch and turning the drone was the emergency shut off they were referring to.

Reactions: Shon
Theres some guy on another forum saying the emergency shut off works buy hand grabbing the drone and turning it upside down to shut it off. While this works to shut the motors off I don't think this is the emergency shut off. My understanding and I know I'll get corrected if Im wrong LOL is you bring both sticks down and in which will shut down the motors in an emergency situation, like say you were about to run into people or hit a power line of something of that nature. Not really sure were this would come in handy as I think most of us would rather just control the drone rather then shut off motors and crash. But point being I don't think that the hand catch and turning the drone was the emergency shut off they were referring to.

Never tried it, but my understanding is the same as yours. Down and in, same as manual arming.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Theres some guy on another forum saying the emergency shut off works buy hand grabbing the drone and turning it upside down to shut it off. While this works to shut the motors off I don't think this is the emergency shut off.
I believe the OP is referring to the CSC. The tilting shut off method cannot be disabled either.

I actually did that once and crashed. Lucky it was on my property and crashed into the bushes. I was bringing drone back to me in reverse and had full down stick, must of accidently moved both sticks into that position . Lesson learned don't fly backwards while bringing drone down.

Reactions: Infinityflight
  1. What are the/your best settings for photography and video for the Mavic Air?
  2. Is it possible to turn off the emergency shut down function? I checked the settings, but couldn’t find anything to turn it off.
You actually want CSC settings to be “in case of emergency” meaning the CSC will only work if on the ground or there’s an emergency like a motor obstructed or a collision. Changing that to CSC maneuvers actually makes it so that doing a CSC at anytime will cut the motors

You actually want CSC settings to be “in case of emergency” meaning the CSC will only work if on the ground or there’s an emergency like a motor obstructed or a collision. Changing that to CSC maneuvers actually makes it so that doing a CSC at anytime will cut the motors
So it doesn't always work or what's that supposed to mean?

On the ground. Is that possible?

Yea just keep it as “in case of emergency only.” You can actually use the simulator in DJI Go 4 or Assistant 2 to test it out. It will just fly down in a circle if you do it just how you’d expect.

Don’t worry about the “emergencies” part. It’s talking about instances that you’d expect the motors to shut off anyway like crashing.

Yea just keep it as “in case of emergency only.” You can actually use the simulator in DJI Go 4 or Assistant 2 to test it out. It will just fly down in a circle if you do it just how you’d expect.

Don’t worry about the “emergencies” part. It’s talking about instances that you’d expect the motors to shut off anyway like crashing.

Oh. But where do I change this setting? I feel like i've looked everywhere but I cannot find anything with CSC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu