DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pixies channel

Reactions
Hi guy's I took this image on my very first-night flight with the DJI Mini 2 I was so nervous that night my hands were shaking so bad. It was a bit wind with strong gusts every now and again nothing that the Mini 2 can't handle. I'll certainly be doing night flights again and go further out when I gain more confidence as Igo out more at night.

164362161_1132367593870602_1794653454428133880_n.jpg

Be wary of night fights in gusty conditions. With the mini 2 being equipped with lights that show-well only in certain directions it is very easy to lose sight of it and they can be difficult to reacquire especially if the drone has moved.
Given how hilly Sheffield is it wouldn't be too difficult to fly into a building if flying at constant height.
I have had a Phantom 3 taken by a gust in a night time flight and it's not something you want to experience. I could see its lights (they have 4 and from memory at least two 'are always*' visible) and it was heading over a residential area, I was all set to fly it across the wind, out to sea and ditch it when the gust died and it started to fly up wind.

* the front two are switchable.

Last edited by a moderator: