DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shipped Orders

I think FedEx has lost their mind. Mine M2P was just 400 miles away but instead of sending it to the closest FedEx distribution center near me, it's gone 4,300 miles to Alaska first. What are they thinking?

I doubt it's going to make it to me by tomorrow :(

View attachment 44680

Similar issue but mine is now just 45 minutes away from me and on schedule for a before 1030am delivery.

Reactions: wsettle
I ordered on Sunday (after credit card company had to be called 3 times because they rejected the transaction) and had an email in the early hours (Thursday) to say has been shipped.

Reactions: Advexure
Odd, I ordered the zoom on 26th August and today it is showing as shipped?

It IS showing at shipped, or still has not shipped?

Just received, 0831, DJI email saying shipped with DHL tracking number. Link works and is showing in SHENZHAN. Movement at last, hope yours follows suit shortly.

I don't think people would be upset if they were up front and honest about it.
If you have stock, say so on the store page. If you dont, the same thing. And put an estimate for possible stock so a customer knows to order or not.
More than likely, DJI predicted initial orders and readied a specific number of drones to meet demand. A secondary possibility is that production was somewhat limited by fixing whatever issue delayed the original launch event, which may also have put a dent in their ability to produce the number of drones needed for the projected initial stock. These, and other issues, could have put them below necessary numbers for covering the first round of orders. That's understandable. (Easy for me to say; I have my new drone...)

As far as letting consumers know of any limitations: we're talking China here. There is a strict culture in Chinese business that requires, at the very least, the *impression* of being totally in control and on your game. It's doubtful that any Chinese company is going to announce a business faux pas, especially one that may result in lost sales, and risk losing face in the industry. DJI isn't the only Chinese company that does this, and in fact many American companies used to do it before internet sales raised customer service levels to a point where this type of thing is rare here (though some companies, especially tech, still get away with it).

I sympathize with buyers now hung out on the waiting line, but I'm also mindful that this time around they did a spectacular job initially as opposed to the previous Mavic Pro launch. With luck, they'll continue to improve and they will beat their production expectations and new buyers will start seeing their drones showing up early.

Nikons system was much better for its new mirrorless. Release date a month ahead with a known initial quantity. Pre-orders were accepted. When that quantity was finished they started informing of delays.
More honest and open.

Im on day 7 of my order now. Apparently its in Shenzhen. And has been there about 24hrs.

Reactions: jasper43
Got my pro Tuesday in New York. Ordered a couple of days ago and I got it with the fly more. They came together.

Just got mine.. woot woot
Did you get a "Out for Delivery" update from your carrier? Was it FedEx? Mine was supposed to be delivered by now, but the travel history says it's still in Tennessee. I'm in California. It was already pushed back by one day. Maybe misdirected somewhere along the way.

Im on day 7 of my order now. Apparently its in Shenzhen. And has been there about 24hrs.

Mine spent a few days in Shenzhen like that, then another day and night in Taiwan. Technically, I'm on day 7 also.

Did you get a "Out for Delivery" update from your carrier? Was it FedEx? Mine was supposed to be delivered by now, but the travel history says it's still in Tennessee. I'm in California. It was already pushed back by one day. Maybe misdirected somewhere along the way.
Mine says out for delivery right now, and I got multiple notifications by email and text. That may be because I have previously set that up with FedEx though.

Mine says out for delivery right now, and I got multiple notifications by email and text. That may be because I have previously set that up with FedEx though.
Yes, I have the account and notifications set up also. Although I did that just last Monday. Haven't seen a single notification from them. Double checked my mobile number on there. I have a feeling it's still half way across the country in Tennessee. Stuck for some reason.

Yes, I have the account and notifications set up also. Although I did that just last Monday. Haven't seen a single notification from them. Double checked my mobile number on there. I have a feeling it's still half way across the country in Tennessee. Stuck for some reason.
Which is odd to me considering I'm in Seattle and it never went to TN. Mine went from China, to HK, to Alaska, to Indianapolis, to Seattle, and then to my local FedEx. TN is mentioned in the tracking history but only as a shipment release, it never physically went there.

Yes I signed up for the text messages and received an out for delivery text at about 0800 hrs. Said before 1030 and they arrived at 1008, so they did good. And yes it was Fed ex.

Reactions: Fplvert
Ordered last Thursday after the event, and my 2pro has just appeared in East Midlands UK with DHL. So hopefully tomorrow

Last edited:
Ordered mine on launch day on Apple Store (Switzerland) and it has been shipped today from Italy with delivery scheduled for tomorrow 31th!

Ordered mine on launch day on Apple Store (Switzerland) and it has been shipped today from Italy with delivery scheduled for tomorrow 31th!
Awesome! Seems like everyone is getting them close to a week out. You’ll love yours!

Reactions: Tobrouk
I have been waiting for 5 years - for a small transportable drone with a camera this good. A few days one way or the other is not a big deal!

Reactions: Tobrouk
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surprise