DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shirt for pilots participating in real world SAR mission

Black is not good at all, especially at night for the searchers and searchee.

Also, for the vests- did you know there is a DOT requirement for workers next to highway and rail corridors? It’s normally ANSI Class II for roadways with less than 50mph traffic, and ANSI Class III for those above 50mph and along railroads.

Both of these types of vests would make great bases for a SAR vest - the good ones usually have extra pockets, are vented and are UV resistant.

And regarding railroads- do not wear red, it is usually prohibited by the railroad owner as its a color reserved for emergency braking, and engineers may only see a flash of it going by and that’s all it might take to stop them.

I don't believe black was intended for real world on a mission use, it was used for illustration purposes only. Black T-shirt that is.

Last edited:
I don't believe black was intended for real world on a mission use, it was used for illustration purposes only.

Someone above mentioned a preference to it over blue...

We had SO officers show up in full camo for a search one time, they were given stuffy and hot nomex yellow firefighting long sleeved shirts to wear on the trail during one SAR I worked on. They were mad!

Someone above mentioned a preference to it over blue...

We had SO officers show up in full camo for a search one time, they were given stuffy and hot nomex yellow firefighting long sleeved shirts to wear on the trail during one SAR I worked on. They were mad!
That was black T-Shirt over Blue T-shirt.

Black is not good at all, especially at night for the searchers and searchee.

Also, for the vests- did you know there is a DOT requirement for workers next to highway and rail corridors? It’s normally ANSI Class II for roadways with less than 50mph traffic, and ANSI Class III for those above 50mph and along railroads.

Both of these types of vests would make great bases for a SAR vest - the good ones usually have extra pockets, are vented and are UV resistant.

And regarding railroads- do not wear red, it is usually prohibited by the railroad owner as its a color reserved for emergency braking, and engineers may only see a flash of it going by and that’s all it might take to stop them.

Very true!!

Red is tightly restricted in many industries in the US. On a Constructions Site Red is reserved for Fire/EMS teams.

Reactions: AMann
I’m a big fan of the T-shirt idea, we can buy our own vest at Amazon and the wording is perfect. The T-shirt is a nice thing to have on when your not wearing your vest. If it’s a long scene people may be there awhile and staged in different areas, with the T-shirt on we are easily identified. The shirt looked great by the way. In the fire department we have wording on front left breast and then in larger font on the back. We should attempt to look as put together as possible. Definitely want to be taken serious and look professional

I’m a big fan of the T-shirt idea, we can buy our own vest at Amazon and the wording is perfect. The T-shirt is a nice thing to have on when your not wearing your vest. If it’s a long scene people may be there awhile and staged in different areas, with the T-shirt on we are easily identified. The shirt looked great by the way. In the fire department we have wording on front left breast and then in larger font on the back. We should attempt to look as put together as possible. Definitely want to be taken serious and look professional
Yes, professionalism is very important in order to be taken seriously in such a situation. Consistency throughout the outer clothing that is worn by all who are involved in the drone side of things.will also go a long way to be taken seriously by others involved and now that I have added the extra wording to the original design and changed things around, this will go to make a more professional and non hobbyist looking T-shirt/vest setup. I think RC DANCER will have a good product to offer everyone, whether it be in T-shirt or vest design, and I would say that both would be advisable to have at a scene.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdober