Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shirt for pilots participating in real world SAR mission

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
We’ve decided on a shirt for any pilot participating in a real world SAR. Here is the draft design.

Bob

Attachments

• 790809CE-DCC2-421C-9374-9B5422E2DB2D.png
    790809CE-DCC2-421C-9374-9B5422E2DB2D.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 95
Reactions: Aviator
We’ve decided on a shirt for any pilot participating in a real world SAR. Here is the draft design.

Bob
What is the T-Shirt to be used for and when would it be worn? I would suggest that since anything being done would, I assume, be for search and rescue, that the word drone be smaller and later in line of the words on the shirt. I would suggest you make the words

SEARCH & RESCUE
Drone Pilot

The predominant words and the drone pilot wording smaller. I would also leave off the graphics of a drone, I believe most people now know that they look like, plus you immediately date the shirt with a graphic like that because next year maybe there is an all new type of drone released that looks nothing like the one you depict on the shirt.

But that is just one person's opinion.

Align the words search plus rescue in the way you have them, then in upper case, put in between those two words, the word AND. However, make the word "AND" in a font about half the size as the two main words. Then I think you have a winner. Black is also better than that putrid blue. I'll accept one as payment for design consultation. :)

Search
and
Rescue

I agree with Cymruflyer - and would also suggest a bright yellow or orange shirt with bold black letters on both the front and back of the shirt. If that is not possible - maybe make the letters BOLD CAPs and yellow? I think a black shirt may be misunderstood by an approaching person as just another bystander. My two cents...

Safety green color
You are just about there. I would also include below RESCUE, the words "PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB WHEN FLYING" but make them in a smaller font, maybe half or more smaller that the word "and". Or you could show it this way...

RESCUE
please do not disturb
DRONE PILOT
during flight

And with that, I think you have your shirt. As has been said, you should have it on back and front. Or, you could have vests made up with this text on the back and on the front left side of vest have search and below that Rescue with a small "and" between them, and on the right side, have Drone with Pilot below that.

Search Drone
Rescue Pilot

I was only thinking of the black colour being better than the blue, if you were intending this to be worn during something other than while on the job, such as a club shirt etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kneebeard
.....Or, you could have vests made up with this text on the back and on the front left side of vest have search and below that Rescue with a small "and" between them, and on the right side, have Drone with Pilot below that....
I like the vest idea - allowing it to be work outside a jacket etc.

Reactions: Thomas B
There you go!

Bear in mind that having vests printed, would be the more expensive option, but they could be handed back at the end of the mission which would keep costs down. Shirt just keep being given out with no return and you have to stock many sizes. Therefore a vest, with maybe just two or max three sizes to fit over clothing in summer or colder months, would be the cheapest long run option for you.

Financially that makes sense. Logistically it might be difficult to get the vests out in a timely fashion and a challenge to coordinate delivery etc. If the FLIR Go Fund Me idea gets off the ground it would be good to have 2-3 in the kit.
I would be happy to purchase one. Vest that is...

ML Kishigo Class 2 Safety Mesh Vest

The safety vest are $40 each. We could offer these for sale to everyone on the Registry. (I’m still going to design a shirt for those that participate in a real world SAR op.)

Attachments

• 78B35FFA-E16F-4E2A-A807-C843ADC86F87.png
    78B35FFA-E16F-4E2A-A807-C843ADC86F87.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 24
  • 5D3C5ECE-7C86-48E7-9219-9E6C8ACF7AE3.png
    5D3C5ECE-7C86-48E7-9219-9E6C8ACF7AE3.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 26

This weekend I will fine-tune the safety vest design. Minimum order is for 6 vests. Next week I’ll post the final design and ask for commitments to buy so I know how many to order. Purchase will be restricted to 107 pilots on the registry - I.e., Incentive to get your 107 certification and get on the registry, ?

I will be designing a special shirt for those who participate in a real world op.

Reactions: Kneebeard
What is the T-Shirt to be used for and when would it be worn? I would suggest that since anything being done would, I assume, be for search and rescue, that the word drone be smaller and later in line of the words on the shirt. I would suggest you make the words

SEARCH & RESCUE
Drone Pilot

The predominant words and the drone pilot wording smaller. I would also leave off the graphics of a drone, I believe most people now know that they look like, plus you immediately date the shirt with a graphic like that because next year maybe there is an all new type of drone released that looks nothing like the one you depict on the shirt.

But that is just one person's opinion.
I agree with Cymruflyer - and would also suggest a bright yellow or orange shirt with bold black letters on both the front and back of the shirt. If that is not possible - maybe make the letters BOLD CAPs and yellow? I think a black shirt may be misunderstood by an approaching person as just another bystander. My two cents...

Black is not good at all, especially at night for the searchers and searchee.

Also, for the vests- did you know there is a DOT requirement for workers next to highway and rail corridors? It’s normally ANSI Class II for roadways with less than 50mph traffic, and ANSI Class III for those above 50mph and along railroads.

Both of these types of vests would make great bases for a SAR vest - the good ones usually have extra pockets, are vented and are UV resistant.

And regarding railroads- do not wear red, it is usually prohibited by the railroad owner as its a color reserved for emergency braking, and engineers may only see a flash of it going by and that’s all it might take to stop them.

Reactions: BigAl07

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pacodrone2024