DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Short, but hard landing, gimble will not calibrate...

56_kruiser

Reactions
I got my propellers into something at about 3' and it landed upside down. Now the gimbal will not calibrate.

Sometimes it does nothing when I try to calibrate, others it tuns one extreme back, and then front (I hear it click against stops). Always fails.

I suppose I'm destined to send it in for repair. I had hoped it would take a bit harder hit than that to cause problems.

Any thoughts before I contact DJI?

Mavic Pro Gimbal Plate Popped Out

Look at your gimbal. If it looks like the second photo in the opening post, where that hook in the back is below the plate, there's your issue. It should look like the first photo, where the hook is above the plate.

Mavic Pro Gimbal Plate Popped Out

Look at your gimbal. If it looks like the second photo in the opening post, where that hook in the back is below the plate, there's your issue. It should look like the first photo, where the hook is above the plate.

I'm sorry, what photos?

[EDIT]
Never mind. I finally realized your title was a link.

Thanks

I just checked. Unfortunately, that is not it.

Another bit of info to add: The gimbal does not respond at all when I turn the left gimbal dial on the controller.

Are you getting any error messages?

No. It just goes through the process for a couple minutes, stays at 5%, ultimately says Calibration Failed.

I'll check that out.

And by the way, I was getting notifications, I forget the exact wording, but something about Gimbal overload, check to be sure the gimbal clamp is not on'.

I was thinking you were asking about error message during the calibration process.

Currently it is not moving at all during calibration.

However if I lightly touch it and turn it towards the Mavic"s left, it will turn back to its right what I estimate to be as far as it will go them stops as shown in the uploaded picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20180211_190651.jpg
    IMG_20180211_190651.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 18
I don't know if this indicates anything or not, but If you look at the attached picture, that yellow tab used to be positioned more straight to the front of the drone. I always wondered if it was a protective sticker I should pull off.

Attachments

• IMG_20180211_191542.jpg
    IMG_20180211_191542.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 19
Currently it is not moving at all during calibration. However if I lightly touch it and turn it towards the Mavic"s left, it will turn back to its right what I estimate to be as far as it will go them stops as shown in the uploaded picture.

If you want to do a self repair, start with the ribbon cable and see what happens.

I don't know if this indicates anything or not, but If you look at the attached picture, that yellow tab used to be positioned more straight to the front of the drone. I always wondered if it was a protective sticker I should pull off.

It looks right to me. I know it's tempting to peel it off, but that plastic is there to protect your motor cover from getting scratched.

I just checked out some videos on the gimbal, and doesn't look all that difficult. But, I'm thinking I'd just as soon have it done by someone who knows what they are doing.

I do have DJI Care Refresh, but don't know if / how that works in a case like this. It seems to me that you can only use it a couple times in the year, and that it's $99.00 turn around. I may be entirely wrong. I've had this 3 months or so and has a year warranty.

I see that you do repairs.

What is your recommendation on sending to DJI or not?

Thanks. That's What I'll do then.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan