DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Short Clip from Haleakala Maui

Toph

Reactions
Came to Maui for a wedding and the wifey and I are staying a few extra days in Paia. Shot this yesterday.
I got lots of great footage that I'm looking forward to sifting through. Ran out of cache space on my iPhone so this footage is just from what I had on my phone for a quick edit. Hope you like!

Reactions: mmee
Wow, beautiful location, I haven't been to Hawaii in quite a while. Makes me want to get back there :D

Nice shots , Im here now in Maui , what part of the island was that ? Yesterday was so windy I didnt take my mavic out of the case but today is beautiful.

Thanks guys. Haleakala is toward the middle of the island. Don't let the wind scare you. The wind where I took that footage was crazy. Can't tell from the footage but it was no joke. The Mavic handled it like a champ

Thanks guys. Haleakala is toward the middle of the island. Don't let the wind scare you. The wind where I took that footage was crazy. Can't tell from the footage but it was no joke. The Mavic handled it like a champ
Well . . . be VERY aware of the off-shore wind, especially the "trade winds" on the southwest side of the island, if you are flying over the ocean. It can be very easy to fly out and use 1/3rd of your battery and then take 2/3rd of your battery to get back. Pay attention to your speed. If you are going faster than the 23 or so MPH, good sign that you are getting a wind assist and will get a wind-penalty on the way home.

Well . . . be VERY aware of the off-shore wind, especially the "trade winds" on the southwest side of the island, if you are flying over the ocean. It can be very easy to fly out and use 1/3rd of your battery and then take 2/3rd of your battery to get back. Pay attention to your speed. If you are going faster than the 23 or so MPH, good sign that you are getting a wind assist and will get a wind-penalty on the way home.

Great advice. I hadn't considered that and I've already been in a couple situations where I have return to home warnings at 45% due to distance and wind. The wind is no joke out here. I've received high wind warnings with every flight. Mavic did great though.

Came to Maui for a wedding and the wifey and I are staying a few extra days in Paia. Shot this yesterday.
I got lots of great footage that I'm looking forward to sifting through. Ran out of cache space on my iPhone so this footage is just from what I had on my phone for a quick edit. Hope you like!

If you like pizza you have to go to Flatbread Company in Paia. My favorite place for food on the whole island.

Great advice. I hadn't considered that and I've already been in a couple situations where I have return to home warnings at 45% due to distance and wind. The wind is no joke out here. I've received high wind warnings with every flight. Mavic did great though.
The thing is I believe you only get high wind warnings when the Mavic is either hovering or being thrown around cross direction of travel. If you have a tail wind, you don't get the warning. Your Mavic is blissfully enjoying its new found speed! Haha. Until it's time to return home. I've chased quite a few whales and then paid the price in ulcers worrying about whether the Mavic was going to make it home. Haha. I'm slowly learning!!! But it's worth it. :)

If you like pizza you have to go to Flatbread Company in Paia. My favorite place for food on the whole island.

Going there today actually. Staying at Paia Inn literally right next door!

Awesome! The Mopsy's pizza is definitely the way to go there. It is their most popular.

Mopsy accomplished. Definitely in my top 5 pizzas so far! May go back tomorrow. Thanks for the tip

Mopsy accomplished. Definitely in my top 5 pizzas so far! May go back tomorrow. Thanks for the tip
I am glad you enjoyed it! I always recommend that place to anybody traveling to Maui.

I’m glad you’re not the only one that illegally flew in a National Park[emoji41]

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sampad