DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I be amused, or concerned?

My drone is a SJRCF11 pro 4k

You need to go to YouTube, I found a whole bunch of videos on the "SJRCF11 pro 4k" and if you click on the "Show More" under each video, you'll probably find some sites that specialize. Good Luck!

My drone is a SJRCF11 pro 4k
That's a very cheap, basic drone so it's unrealistic to expect too much from it.
Can you imagine if somehow you manage to cover a few KM for 15 m and it decides to return where you started; this really gets me!
That's the thing with Return to Home ... it is programmed to go to home.
With a more full-featured drone you can reset the homepoint to keep closer to where you are, rather than back where you started.
And you should always be able to keep an eye on the battery level/distance and cancel RTH and land where you want to.
As the pilot, you have to take some responsibility and not assume that automated features can do whatever you would like them to.

This morning, as I perused the news, I ran across this article:

I just bought a DJI Mini 2, but I can't get my head around the confusing app situation

It seems the author had some trouble determining which App to download for the Mini 2. I can only guess that he didn't bother to look at the instruction manuals. I don't own a Mini 2, but I believe it would come with at least the Quick Start Guide. The DJI Fly App is referenced on page 2 along with the QR Code, I checked.

He goes on to say it took him more than 30 minutes to sort it out and get up and flying!! Imagine!

Somehow I feel that requiring instant gratification is not a desirable characteristic for drone pilots. That and his observation that the rules for flying the Mini are "Lax" and perfect for a first time flyer.

As I read the article I was initially amused, but by the time I completed it, I wondered I shouldn't actually feel concern. In my opinion, the attitudes expressed are not suitable for our hobby, and those who fly professionally.

Interested to hear other's thoughts on the article.
I fIddled around for several hours indoors before taking the mini2 out to fly. One of three things will happen with this person: He will be impatient and crash, get caught at something and fined, or fly happily ever after. I don’t see him as a 107 pilot though. Self proclaimed lack of patience. If he spent as much time with the drone as with writing the article, he would be fine. Thanks for the link Barbara.

You need to go to YouTube, I found a whole bunch of videos on the "SJRCF11 pro 4k" and if you click on the "Show More" under each video, you'll probably find some sites that specialize. Good Luck!
Believe you me, I watched and read many. but nothing really helpful to my situation. One person suggested I should I bought one without GPS! Thank you for your comment :)

Believe you me, I watched and read many. but nothing really helpful to my situation. One person suggested I should I bought one without GPS! Thank you for your comment :)
I purchased the original DJI Mini two yrs. ago & am still learning, even as just a hobbyist flyer. It can be a challenge but also rewarding & fun. These are NOT toys & should be handled accordingly. You Tube has been a huge help ( except for all the advertising, lol ) !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143