DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I be concerned about the app crashing on me?

hassanchop

Reactions
Hi,

I plan on practicing without the app and practice take off and landing. I downloaded the app and I've read reviews about the app crashing the drone taking off on it's own.

Should I be concerned about this?

Are there any ways to not have the app crash or is there a backup like return to home I can still use even if the app crashes?

Just concerned before I take this Pro up in the air. Maybe I should use the app with flying it to see if it crashes?

Any advice would be great.

Thank you so much.

I've read reviews about the app crashing the drone taking off on it's own
The Mavic will not take off on its own if DJI GO crashes. If you're flying with the remote controller, you'll still be in full control even if DJI GO is not running.

So you could crash the app and if the drone were to fly off (unlikely as it will usually just hover) you could press and hold the Return to Home button and the Mavic Pro would come right back and you could manually land it. Or just restart the app with the Mavic in the air and regain connectivity.

Okay thanks. Was worried if I was using one of the intelligent modes such as track and it crashed I wouldn't have control but return to home would be my goto I assume.

You could also toggle the sport mode switch on the right side of the remote controller to cancel the current intelligent flight mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spawnn